Is this a good price for this system?

Sanjay

Obliviot
I'm in the market for a new system. I want to build a decent cpu that can run games like crysis, world of warcraft etc on a 24" lcd wih no lag for online and be able to run at max resolution.

I came across this on kijiji.ca.
any feedback?

type "skulltrail" in search menu

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
First and foremost, welcome to the forums. Did you mean for your full e-mail address as your username, though? I don't recommend that at all... so please let me know if you would mind if I removed everything after the @... you'd then log in using your nickname.

As for Skulltrail, I wouldn't recommend that... too expensive. The good thing nowadays, is despite the fact that a 24" monitor offers a killer resolution, you don't need to spend too much on a graphics card, or system in general. The first question... what's your price-range? We could go from there.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I'm in the market for a new system. I want to build a decent cpu that can run games like crysis, world of warcraft etc on a 24" lcd wih no lag for online and be able to run at max resolution.

I came across this on kijiji.ca.
any feedback?

type "skulltrail" in search menu
Usually online games have a lag no matter what system you build. It has to do with the server that you are connected to and how many are playing at the same time.
And as well as the type of connection that YOU use to connect with.
Most gamers want cable for gaming, DSL players can lag a server untill everyone leaves.
And forget dial up connections. I see a player just standing there, not able to do anything and I think, they are trying this on dial up.
DSL players usually dont even have a chance and are over powered by the cable modems useres.
Now, you can put together a game system quite easily and at a great price.
How much did you want to invest into your computer?

Merlin