Is the iPad 2 Better than the New iPad?

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Rob Williams said:
Who asked for a "true HD" display? Who asked for a "true HD" display that packs in 50% more pixels than are available in a 22" monitor? When did it suddenly become imperative to have such a small pixel width? I don't think it ever has. This is just a case of Apple fixing a problem that never existed. 1600x1200 couldn't have sufficed?

When you have an expected product refresh cycle, sometimes you have to find things to add to it's list of features. That said, I don't have any issues with the additions to the iPad 3. I think everything added will find uses by most everybody

Rob Williams said:
/me pours some water on marfig. Damn, man!

I think the best course of action is when you can't seem to have a normal conversation with another poster, it's best just to leave it and not add fuel to the fire. Easier said than done, I know.

Impossible at times. I couldn't bring myself to wade into this thread's waters. It was exhausting reading the nonsense and I would have found it difficult making time for a cohesive post between the constant screaming I was doing at my monitor.

Brett Thomas

Senior Editor
It was exhausting reading the nonsense and I would have found it difficult making time for a cohesive post between the constant screaming I was doing at my monitor.

<3 And this is why I love you, Greg. ;)

@ Rob:
Who needed 1080p before TVs came out with it? Someone started with "we just want to do more." So though the iPad's display is a bit ridiculous, the idea that it was never asked for or solving a problem that didn't exist is a bit unfair - that's pretty much every new technology. "We didn't have it before, so we couldn't use it" would be what the programmers would say. The idea that Apple shouldn't have NOT made the leap simply because the industry standard is 1080p makes no sense. Particularly if the only trade-off is heat - the new device isn't much thicker, not that much heavier and has the same battery life. So unless it sets my hand on fire, I'm with marfig that frankly all I want to know is that it gets hotter than previous versions.

And if you really would persist in that argument, then fair's fair. I would say that the next time one of the graphics cards companies releases a new card (like the NV 680), you need to pan it publicly in a news post as overblown and unnecessary, solving problems we don't have while taking on more heat and power. After all, if it plays current games at 60FPS, that's really all we need, right? :cool:

Glider

Coastermaker
<I would say that the next time one of the graphics cards companies releases a new card (like the NV 680), you need to pan it publicly in a news post as overblown and unnecessary, solving problems we don't have while taking on more heat and power. After all, if it plays current games at 60FPS, that's really all we need, right? :cool:
Thats the way I pretty much think about all new things... /me hugs his AMD Athlon 2600+