iPod Vending Machines Spotted

liqnit

E.M.I.
well this one was sure to come some time soon get your iPod from the vending machine
just like a can of drink or chocolate bar
wonder if this really sells...

BLuKnight

Obliviot
That's an interesting concept. But what's to keep someone from breaking the glass and ripping off a few. Obviously the one in the Airport is safe. But still, if you put one of these at a gas station in Philadelphia, there'd be nothing left.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
BLuKnight said:
But still, if you put one of these at a gas station in Philadelphia, there'd be nothing left.

That's for sure. The airpports are usually packed with security though, so it would be something impressive to get away with breaking into that thing.

LOOP

Obliviot
According to the article, these vendor machines are being placed in grocery stores too? Doesn't sound like a very secured area to me. Atleast nobody has been stupid enough to put any in outside locations yet, but I'm sure someone will. Stupidity of some people, never fails to impress me, LOL :)

dibene

Obliviot
Any news on France preparing to require iTunes to distribute their songs in a format compatible with most .mp3 players? I just heard about it on the news Friday.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I personally think that Apple would rather pull out of the EU market entirely instead of complying with their terms. That's how Jobs is.

To be honest, EU tends to go overboard, but we have seen that caused Microsoft to give in, in the past.

Who knows.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's to the extent of telling Apple they need to make music downloaded off iTunes work in other players or they cannot offer iTunes over there anymore.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Y-you can... an mp3 downloaded off of itunes can be saved on say. .a Creative Nomad or Zen. You can't use itunes to send it to the player, but the software comes with those so you can. Am I the only one that sees that?

andanton

Obliviot
Rob Williams said:
It's to the extent of telling Apple they need to make music downloaded off iTunes work in other players or they cannot offer iTunes over there anymore.

Totally what they should have to do. Prevents Apple forming an effective monopoly. I wish they did the same thing in America.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I agree. Proprietary formats suck, but Apple loves having a monopoly. It will hit them one day I'm sure though.

living_joke

Obliviot
Rob Williams said:
I agree. Proprietary formats suck, but Apple loves having a monopoly. It will hit them one day I'm sure though.

It ALREADY hit them. And it hit them bad. They lost literally hundreds of billions of dollars in profit because of it. Don't you understand? Doesn't anyone understand? Apple already lost billions of dollars in profit due to their attempts at forming a monopoly.

That is why Microsoft was able to totally 'own' Apple? It was Apple's own greed that cause the company to nearly go out of business. Almost nobody uses Apple computers anymore. Its very sad that when a company's very own greed can be the very thing that causes the company to nearly go bankrupt. Even more sad is when the people running the company do not have enough intelligence to know when their greed is actually costing them billions of dollars in profit. Yes greed can actually cost you millions or billions of dollars in profit. Many company executives believe that greed always generate profit, the same as they always believe that advertisements never have negative consequences and always generate customers. A good company executive understands that everything, no matter how positive it sounds at first glance, may have negative consequences.

What do I mean by greed? Well I was around when Apple first released the Macintosh computers. Windows didn't even exist. Even the poorly written Windows 3.1 did not exist. And not only did Apple have the graphical user interface that was better then anything out there, and that would remain better then anything out there for 10 years, they also was using a much superior processor. The motorola 68000 processor, which was in the first Macintosh computers, fully supported totally linear memory. You didn't have to deal with the annoying 65k barrier, like you do when writing programs for an IBM compatible computer. Now read all this and ask yourself why Microsoft became the #1 computer and OS company in America, while Apple that had everything didn't? You know why? If you don't then your as bad as the company executives who ran Apple into the ground.

I give you a hint. Apple refused to license its technologies to anyone. If it did license its technologies, then there would of been 300 companies producing Apple Macintosh clone-computers. There would of been thousands of companies developing software for Macintosh OS. Apple Macintosh would of taken over the computer world by storm, the same way Microsoft did..... Microsoft would be nearly out of business now. It was Apple's very greed that caused them to go nearly bankrupt. Apple was greedy and the people in charge of Apple (who had an IQ of less then a moron) thought that by being greedy and maintaining a monopoly on its items and NOT licensing them to other companies, that they would make the most money. You ended up with ONE company fighting against TWO THOUSAND companies. One vs two thousand. Does it really take an IQ of much higher then a moron, to realize that ONE vs TWO THOUSAND, that your going to end up losing? If Apple licensed it code it would of been TWO THOUSAND vs TWO THOUSAND. All the IBM compatible companies vs. the apple macintosh clone companies. It would of been an equal playing field and Apple that had the best in everything in their computers, would of won. It was their very own greed that drove them into the ground. Apple is a laughing stock of a company now, because it was their very own stupidity that let Microsoft own the computer world. Funny but true.

phonywish

Obliviot
living_joke said:
It ALREADY hit them. And it hit them bad. They lost literally hundreds of billions of dollars in profit because of it. Don't you understand? Doesn't anyone understand? Apple already lost billions of dollars in profit due to their attempts at forming a monopoly.

That is why Microsoft was able to totally 'own' Apple? It was Apple's own greed that cause the company to nearly go out of business. Almost nobody uses Apple computers anymore. Its very sad that when a company's very own greed can be the very thing that causes the company to nearly go bankrupt. Even more sad is when the people running the company do not have enough intelligence to know when their greed is actually costing them billions of dollars in profit. Yes greed can actually cost you millions or billions of dollars in profit. Many company executives believe that greed always generate profit, the same as they always believe that advertisements never have negative consequences and always generate customers. A good company executive understands that everything, no matter how positive it sounds at first glance, may have negative consequences.

What do I mean by greed? Well I was around when Apple first released the Macintosh computers. Windows didn't even exist. Even the poorly written Windows 3.1 did not exist. And not only did Apple have the graphical user interface that was better then anything out there, and that would remain better then anything out there for 10 years, they also was using a much superior processor. The motorola 68000 processor, which was in the first Macintosh computers, fully supported totally linear memory. You didn't have to deal with the annoying 65k barrier, like you do when writing programs for an IBM compatible computer. Now read all this and ask yourself why Microsoft became the #1 computer and OS company in America, while Apple that had everything didn't? You know why? If you don't then your as bad as the company executives who ran Apple into the ground.

I give you a hint. Apple refused to license its technologies to anyone. If it did license its technologies, then there would of been 300 companies producing Apple Macintosh clone-computers. There would of been thousands of companies developing software for Macintosh OS. Apple Macintosh would of taken over the computer world by storm, the same way Microsoft did..... Microsoft would be nearly out of business now. It was Apple's very greed that caused them to go nearly bankrupt. Apple was greedy and the people in charge of Apple (who had an IQ of less then a moron) thought that by being greedy and maintaining a monopoly on its items and NOT licensing them to other companies, that they would make the most money. You ended up with ONE company fighting against TWO THOUSAND companies. One vs two thousand. Does it really take an IQ of much higher then a moron, to realize that ONE vs TWO THOUSAND, that your going to end up losing? If Apple licensed it code it would of been TWO THOUSAND vs TWO THOUSAND. All the IBM compatible companies vs. the apple macintosh clone companies. It would of been an equal playing field and Apple that had the best in everything in their computers, would of won. It was their very own greed that drove them into the ground. Apple is a laughing stock of a company now, because it was their very own stupidity that let Microsoft own the computer world. Funny but true.

I understand your points, but your exagerating when you say that they lost billions of dollars.