iPhone 5 line-sitters ask for $40 - $150

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I am still having a hard time fathoming the fact that some people will sleep outside just to make sure they're one of the first to get the latest iPhone, but it's not uncommon. It's become so uncommon, in fact, that some people have made a side-business out of it, offering to stand in line for as little as $40 or as much as $150 for staying over-night - important if you want to make sure the person is near the front of the line.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57514463-37/iphone-5-line-sitters-give-us-$40-$150-a-day/

#firstworldretardedness

madmat

Soup Nazi
How about this, go up to someone, offer to hold their place in line for $$$ and when they're out of sight, sell their spot to someone else...

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
In a city like New York, you could no doubt get away with that.

On my own Facebook, there were quite a few waiting in line for an iPhone 5 today - even some who are in very well-paying jobs. I can't think of anything I'd wait that long in line for, much less a phone. I could see me waiting in line for something like concert tickets, but that's something that actually goes away. The iPhone 5 is not going to be hard to get in a couple of weeks...

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Bwahahahhaha dumb people are dumb. That is obvious, I wouldn't wait for almost anything that long especially an outdated upon release phone.

OMG!!! IT HAS LTE AND WIDESCREEN! Oh wait...... my last two phones had widescreen and 4G.

WOW!! 4" screen!! wait..... mine is 4.5.....

BUT WAIT! it has 1GB..... nevermind.... so does mine.

Oh look a ...... 1.25 ghz dual core..... Yes a bit newer..... but mine is still much faster at 1.5 dual core stock and can be clocked to the wall to 1782mhz...... Maybe even higher.....

So... whats the point of the iPhone 5 except to the sheeple that blindly only buy apple because, "its the best/coolest".

Oh and my phone is the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII, running Jelly Bean. AKA the T989 AKA the Hercules. Not to mention the SIII lmao which doubly destroys the iPhone, and what about the Note 2 due anytime?

Last edited:

madmat

Soup Nazi
283032_526203207409137_316442320_n_zps96806b72.jpg

That explained it all to me right there...