iPhone 4 82% More Prone to Accidental Screen Damage

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
When the iPhone 4 hit the market this past summer, it became one of the best-looking smartphones out there, and also supposedly one of the most durable - despite having a glass casing. This glass, though, is strengthened with various chemicals, and it was Apple's hope that there'd be less RMAs or product issues due to broken glass. Well, that doesn't look to be the "case" at all.

Read the rest of our post and discuss it here!

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Surprise anyone? I kinda figured that would be the case, I know people who had an iphone 3g and some with touches. Some of them had dropped their devices many times no problem others dropped it once and insta-shatter.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
photomw.jpg

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
During my stint working for Fido (**shudder**), I heard many stories about the iPhone. People smashed it, ran over it with their vehicle, let their toddlers flush it down the toilet. I once estimated that the iPhone lasts about a week after being delivered to the customer ;).

That's not even to mention how many of them were stolen. People lost them, of course, but that was just the tip of the iceberg. UPS lost so many of them, I assumed they were stealing them. One guy claimed he had signed for his iPhone package, only to open it up and find a stapler inside.

Suffice it to say when I think of the iPhone, I think of whining customers!

Richard Searle

Techgage Staff
I see this all the time :(
The only way I am keeping mine alive is to keep it in an otterbox all the time. Bulks up the phone but saves it all the time.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I still don't understand the need to be constantly connected all the time or to have little apps that make the screen look like beer. Likely people thought the same way when the telephone was developed so maybe I'm stuck in the dark ages.