iOS vs. Android

Discussion in 'Mobile & Small Form-Factor Computing' started by Rob Williams, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Rob Williams

Rob Williams Editor-in-Chief Staff Member Moderator

Jan 12, 2005
    Atlantic Canada
    One word: hell yes.

http://i.imgur.com/ylcYz.jpg

2. RainMotorsports

RainMotorsports Partition Master

Jul 1, 2011
    LOL one could say that is a problem. But choice is never a bad thing. Just a shame not everyone gets the same choice.

One of the reasons I have never had a real opinion on what I like or don't like about iOS is I have never used a device from the family. I got to use an iPhone 4 and iPad 3 while I was out of town this weekend. As well as helping someone with their black berry 9930 which I have never used that platform before either.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  3. Rob Williams

Jan 12, 2005
    Atlantic Canada
    Choice is amazing. It's that simple. Android has so much of it, it's insane.

I'll just leave my current tablet setup, featuring a new live wallpaper, custom clock and custom theme. No particular reason...

Attached Files:

4. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Tech Monkey

Apr 9, 2010
    This is my Android tablets setup. (Its an older tab, HP Touchpad but its still awesome)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Left, Center and Right screens, respectively. This is when it was on ICS. Its running JB just fine right now though.

5. RainMotorsports

RainMotorsports Partition Master

Jul 1, 2011
    ....You mind as well go to windows phone if your gonna do that Darkstarr.... sigh I joke I kid but seriously.

6. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Tech Monkey

Apr 9, 2010
    That was kinda the idea for the icons, on the tab that is. I like it though since its either that or tiny little icons like the iPad.

7. Rob Williams

Jan 12, 2005
    Atlantic Canada
    Wow, that looks good. Is that a launcher, or a custom ROM?

8. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Tech Monkey

Apr 9, 2010
    It uses Desktop Visualizer. It acts as a widget, the widget launches the app and you set an image to represent the app. It works pretty good but has a couple issues.

A. If the widgets are reset (as in a wipe/factory reset) then it must be rebuilt.
    B. Most screens need custom made widgets, there are stock ones but all those are ones I made.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  9. Rob Williams

Jan 12, 2005
    Atlantic Canada
    Ahh, that sounds awesome. I'm still using the launcher / theme I have shown above. I only change it on rare occasion. Haven't even had much time lately to just goof around with the tablet :S

10. PhilipTaylor

PhilipTaylor Obliviot

Oct 9, 2015
    Phillipines
    i have my iphone last year it's kinda boring because i cannot fully customize my phone. So i switch to android phone damn android is the best.