Intel to Delay Upcoming 45nm Quad-Cores

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
It was only two days ago that we learned of Intel's plans to delay the X48 chipset in order to help X38 sales, but plans of a new delay have surfaced - and it's one that will affect far more people.

According to DigiTimes, Intel has plans to delay all three of their new 45nm Quad-Core processors, originally slated for a January release, including the Q9300, Q9450 and Q9550. The reasons are blamed on lack of competition with AMD. From a business standpoint, it makes sense to not release a new product that's going to keep older product on the shelf, but for all those who were holding off on a new system build until Jan... this is a punch to the stomach.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
intel_large_news_logo.png

</td></tr></tbody></table>
Launching the CPUs now will not benefit Intel much in its battle with AMD, while they could cause damage to Intel's 65nm quad-core CPUs, therefore the company has decided it is in no rush to release new products until AMD is able to present more of a threat. The three CPUs that Intel plans to delay are the Core 2 Quad Q9300, Q9450 and Q9550, added the sources.

Source: DigiTimes

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Well, that suks to no end....LOL
I'll play the waiting game, hell, I have more time than they do.

Merlin in the market game

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Thats kind of a drag for everyone waiting to build a new system, or at least upgrade their CPU, until January. What can you do though?