Intel Reports Record Year for Revenue: $54 Billion

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
We posted earlier this week that Intel might experience a hit to its sales revenue during 2012 due to the timing of Windows 8's launch, but putting that aside for the time-being, the company has just announced its best-ever year-over-year financial report. In total, the company reached $54 billion in total revenue, a staggering 24% bump from the previous year. With this, Intel now generates over $1B per week in revenue on average.

intel_logo_030110.png

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

MacMan

Partition Master
Are you sure IBM's yearly revenue was only $54 billion for the entire year (as if that' small)?

It's just that I thought that IBM's revenue would be at least equal, if not greater, than Apple's? In its last quarterly results Apple alone took in over $28 billion, making it one of the few companies on the planet a true $100 billion dollar a year company, and this quarter, including its year-end results, are predicted to show it earning, in the last three months alone, between $33-$38 billion, meaning its revenues will be more than twice that of Big Blue, and making iit worth more than the entire nation of Greece!

Apparently, somebody's been selling a lot of iPhones and iPads lately.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Intel's revenue has always dwarfed IBM's... keep in mind most of the servers IBM builds are based around Intel's own chips these days, too.

Fourth Quarter 2011
Apple - $28.27 Billion
Intel - $13.9 Billion
IBM - $5.49 billion

Apple sells multiple devices to individual consumers, and there's billions of consumers out there buying them. IBM sells servers (& software), which aren't exactly replaced nearly as quickly as consumer systems. And while I may be wrong, as I recall the majority of IBM servers ship with Intel processors. Only a few use AMD, and mostly the big iron or super-computing related stuff gets Power7.

All of this is exactly why Apple took over the #1 company on cooperate valuation, they're valued higher than even oil companies, at least on a good day. They were trading places with ExxonMobile for a few days there http://mashable.com/2011/08/09/apple-most-valuable-company/