Ikonik Ra2000 Liquid Full-Tower Chassis Review

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Self-contained liquid CPU coolers have become a dime-a-dozen (figuratively, of course), but it's still not often when we see a chassis released with liquid cooling built-in. We're taking a look at one such option here, from Ikonik. So let's see what the Ra2000 Liquid is made off, and see if it deserves its $400 price tag.

Read through Greg's in-depth look at the Ikonik Ra2000 Liquid full-tower chassis, and then discuss it here!

U

Unregistered

Self-contained liquid CPU coolers have become a dime-a-dozen (figuratively, of course), but it's still not often when we see a chassis released with liquid cooling built-in. We're taking a look at one such option here, from Ikonik. So let's see what the Ra2000 Liquid is made off, and see if it deserves its $400 price tag.

Read through Greg's in-depth look at the Ikonik Ra2000 Liquid full-tower chassis, and then discuss it here!

I love reading your stuff.

There is a typo at the end.

"For a majority of the PC community, water cooling is that far off idea that everyone !!((things))!! is neat but most don't have the desire to attempt it for themselves."

Keep up the good work. ^_^

marfig

No ROM battery
Another great review Greg! Thanks. I love it how you are always willing let us know also about those products that better fit more modest (and more common) wallets.

I have a few questions this time though.

1. Could you elaborate on your preference for the two intake radiators? The way I see it it will interfere with air flow, saturating the interior of the case with warmer air. Initially it may prove more effective at lowering the temperature, but I strongly suspect that with the hours passing, or under hot weather, that can in fact lose efficiency and the radiators receive less cooler air overall.

2. This is embarrassing, but I need to ask because no one ever does. I hear it very often indeed about a preference for PSU to be at the bottom of the case. But I could never quite understood why exactly. I'm looking at my case for instance and imagining the PSU at the bottom. Cable management wouldn't just work with this board (which is a typical board). And cooling-wise I can also see potential problems, as the PSU hot air will tend to rise from the top plating and all over the board. What am I missing? Why this general consensus?

Psi*

Tech Monkey
Good review ... marfig's questions/thoughts caused to reread a couple of times. I see this case as the ultimate WC kit; good for a serious 1st WC experience. Meaning it has all of the necessary parts w/o the effort to have to figure out this versus that component. That can be both tedious and interesting .. and fun.

As far as air flowing into the case versus out, there seems to be ample air flow thru the case for exhaust. But I have not looked at the fan capacities or noise levels .. oh, wait, that is not available with a kit? (I apologize if it is as I did not read in enough detail as yet.) I imagine replacing the fans on the radiators with my latest preference. The rest, unless noisy, would be fine. The case for air flowing into the case thru the radiators puts the coolest air thru those radiators. Never the less, in my push pull fan configuration with my radiators, they blow out.

About power supplies at the bottom or top with respect to heat, I don't see this as an issue. PSUs are so efficient that I don't expect much heat from the PSU. Even then, it has it's own fan to remove heat right at the source. Cable management is another thing & I agree with Greg & maybe this is the best point about the case (from my point of view). That is the option of mounting the PSU in the top or bottom (did I read this right?). I have cases that are one or the other & there is always some thing too short or too long or not needed (but I only buy Seasonic X750 PSUs which are modular & usually never a heat issue).

In summary, I am in the market for new cases & I like this case. It is high on my definite maybe list. ;)

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Another great review Greg! Thanks. I love it how you are always willing let us know also about those products that better fit more modest (and more common) wallets.

I have a few questions this time though.

1. Could you elaborate on your preference for the two intake radiators? The way I see it it will interfere with air flow, saturating the interior of the case with warmer air. Initially it may prove more effective at lowering the temperature, but I strongly suspect that with the hours passing, or under hot weather, that can in fact lose efficiency and the radiators receive less cooler air overall.

2. This is embarrassing, but I need to ask because no one ever does. I hear it very often indeed about a preference for PSU to be at the bottom of the case. But I could never quite understood why exactly. I'm looking at my case for instance and imagining the PSU at the bottom. Cable management wouldn't just work with this board (which is a typical board). And cooling-wise I can also see potential problems, as the PSU hot air will tend to rise from the top plating and all over the board. What am I missing? Why this general consensus?

1. My preference is that I would like both radiators to pull in cooler air from outside the case instead of just one. There are more than enough other fans in the case to deal with the buildup of warmer air. The 140mm top mounted fan and the 120mm rear exhaust fan should be able to keep the buildup of warmer air in check. That's my personal opinion but honestly don't think it would make much difference.

2. I prefer my PSU to be mounted at the bottom of my cases, if possible, for the simple reason that it lowers the center of gravity of the PC. I know this is trivial but it's why I like the heavier pieces like the PSU at the bottom. I can't speak to everyone's desire to have a bottom mounted PSU, perhaps because it's simply different than what's been the convention for so long. I don't know.