I think I just broke SpeedTest.net Infinity.00?

RainMotorsports

Partition Master
Okay so I upgraded my VPS from NFO's 2 thread package to 3 thread "core" if you want. Everytime I have stepped up they end up moving me to a different rack because the quad xeon's are used for up to 8 1 Core VPS's or 4 2 Thread etc. Blew my mind when I saw i had gone from a W3520 to a X5690. I knew it wouldnt matter because i was still throttled to 1Gbps but i did a speed test.

My speed test came out WHACK. My upload came out Infinity.00 and it even freaked out not giving me a share link:
http://www.rainmotorsports.com/Infinity.png

I mean the 0ms thing itself is a bit of a bug with SpeedTest but I have never had a test come out infinity lol.

I cinibenched the new package and of course the hypervisor assigns threads based on demand so the VPS has always performed consistently and well when i test them but of course if other clients are loaded it can be a different story.
11.5:
C2D Laptop @ 3Ghz - 1.29
W3520 2 Thread - 1.70
X5690 3 Thread - 3.17 (ran 3 times same number)
I5-2500K 4.5Ghz 2 Thread - 3.51

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I blame the Windows 95 OS you're running ;)

How much do you pay for those half-Gbit speeds?

RainMotorsports

Partition Master
Oh linux boy has jokes? I heard you were sick with the command line, geee I hope it isn't terminal!

2008 R2 of course and I actually did install the desktop experience to check it out but disabled it later since i remote from a cell phone alot even as well as RDP does every little bit helps.

I cant run a speed test at the moment because I just deployed an ICS leak for the Epic 4G Touch and the server demand is going to rape my speed tests. But youve seen the 700 to 800 Mbps tests like this already. I am pretty convinced since the place im testing to is across the street and the results are wild that the test site actually wouldn't even have enough bandwidth left to test 1 Gbps though you of course expect a little bit of loss.
1854746053.png

Base package for a VPS from them comes with a line throttled down to 1 Gbps. I mean the box holding up to 8 clients shares the 10 Gbe controller. But base package is 30 a month. So you can look at that as how much I am paying but I was doing 44.79 a month for the next one up, double everything 2 threads, 2 gb ram, 200 gb storage, 2tb transfer (eeek right lol but on 1 Gbps sorta understandable at this price.). Now im 3 up on everything.

I dunno when I was looking to colocate my own rack most places only offered 100 Mbps for cheap? I would probably take 100 Mbps unmetered. I wont be able to deliver epic download speeds to anyone but I can serve a lot more files per day

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I think I broke Speedtest.net, because I 666'd it:

1853923100.png

Just upgraded though and now it's a bit better:

1941353535.png

Would sure love fiber.