I need WC help

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
I need some help, I am looking to cool just my dual 275s for now so I found a couple FC blocks from EK (brand new and not a bad price) but I was going to grab an EK 360 rad but it sold out. I need a rad, res and pump. I am looking at a MCP655 though for the pump and any advice on how best to connect the SLI cards.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
The MCP655 is a good pump, just be sure you know if you're getting the 655-B or not. "B" doesn't stand for black, it's the cheaper, non-variable speed version. Which is fine, but for $10 more I'd say just get the variable pump

Thermochill's rads are still very good, although thicker than some competitors they do use standard spacing now so I'd recommend one of theirs. Swiftech's micro-res 2 is decent, although pricey... I'd suggest ya just choose a res that meets your case and loop design foremost.

I was looking at those EK blocks, they do not appear to offer flexible barb mounts. On Swiftech blocks you can actually connect the barb to the top OR the underside of the full body block, which lets you directly pipe the outlet from one GPU into the inlet of the GPU below it. http://www.swiftnets.com/products/Komodo-gtx285.asp

TRIPLE-SLI-SERIAL-SETUPx400.jpg

That obviously makes for super-simple loop routing and best performance with multiple GPUs... as the EK blocks don't offer this you'd need to find a way to route the tubing around to match the blocks. I can't offer any help there... if you used right-angle joints you're going to hurt the flow rate a hefty amount by the time ya finish. Perhaps if you can find one Swiftech (or other) block for one GPU, and use that to connect directly to the second GPU... If you are determined to use those EK blocks still, then ya might hit some dedicated watercooling subforums like at XtremeSystems or the Extreme Overclocking forums for ideas...

Last edited:

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
The EK blocks I am getting are just like those, open on both sides. I am currently looking at the regular version of the pump, not the B and possibly an EK 360 XT rad... I dont know for sure yet.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Ah, well I looked on EK's site and the only models I saw which fit the 275 used a delerin/acrylic tops that didn't allow for it. If the model you're looking at does then you shouldn't have any trouble with routing whatsoever. The layout will depend mostly on where you place the pump/res in your case, just keep the reservoir connected to the pump inlet and the radiator connected to the res is my recommendation.

Good luck with your build!

Nuts4bogie

Obliviot
Check out the matching bridges at EK's site, greatly simplifies routing. Bridges are available for both serial and paralell liquid flow. They are much cleaner than the typical metal tube bridges available from Danger Den etal. I sure like mine - x-fired 4890's, Ga-790fxt-ud5p in a Thermaltake Sword LCS.

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
I have everything here, except the pump and rad but they are on the way as well. Just need kink coil and some distilled water.

Last edited: