I have caved in..

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
The past few nights I have spent many hours playing around with Internet Explorer, and have officially given up on any alternative browsers, including Firefox. The truth is, who cares really about security issues if the browser at least offers a smooth ride when surfing. All of these bugs are so over-rated anyway, really.

I spent many hours trying to exploit found holes in IE, including version 7 which is currently still in BETA. I was unable to exploit a single hole, so I am led to believe that these holes are patched faster than people can catch them, or IE is truly just "that" secure.

It's obvious that the web was designed for IE, so everyone may as well use it. It's so much easier to develop for IE than it is for other browsers, so IE it is for me from now on.

Long live IE.. you are the king and will hopefully remain that way.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
LOL....IE is all I use anyway, so I'm 100% behind you on this. By the way, I'm also running IE 7 Beta on one of my systems............;)

maddmaxx

E.M.I.
Okay folks now that Opera is free you should give it a try. (Discalimer: I do not work for opera or any of it's subsidiarys.) I find it to be the fastest out there. I haven't tried IE 7 although I have heard that it has tabs. I would like to give it a try to see if it's worth using, but in all fairness it would have to be pretty spectactular for me to give up Opera. Faster, Faster, The lights are turning red, Life in the fast lane..........

dibene

Obliviot
April Fools!

Rob Williams said:
The past few nights I have spent many hours playing around with Internet Explorer, and have officially given up on any alternative browsers, including Firefox. The truth is, who cares really about security issues if the browser at least offers a smooth ride when surfing. All of these bugs are so over-rated anyway, really.

I spent many hours trying to exploit found holes in IE, including version 7 which is currently still in BETA. I was unable to exploit a single hole, so I am led to believe that these holes are patched faster than people can catch them, or IE is truly just "that" secure.

It's obvious that the web was designed for IE, so everyone may as well use it. It's so much easier to develop for IE than it is for other browsers, so IE it is for me from now on.

Long live IE.. you are the king and will hopefully remain that way.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
That Rob's a sly guy... I wouldn't put it past him to make a quick 180 on browser preference.

liqnit

E.M.I.
i work with FF and Opera both are better performing then IE.
but yes 100% of the site works with IE and like that on other browsers

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
On a very real sense, IE has "Microsofted" www HTML coding standards.

IE is not a compliant browser. And when you code a site to be viewed, and it works in everyone elses browser (because they are compliant to the standards) but then failes in IE because of the way it interprets the site... that is a HUGE problem.

Now you have to code 2 sites with a browser aware sniffer on the front.

IE "works" because a LOT of web devs/ webmasters have given up on MS ever being compliant, and they have fallen into the "It's the dominant browser, so I'll code for it" mentality.

And *that*, my friends, sucks big time.

MS slowly directing the web "it's" way, instead of the agreed upon "standards" way. Their suggestions were rejected for addition to the standards, so MS implemented them anyway, and due to it's market position, it has "forced" web devs to code to them... even though they should not *have* to...

And I cannot *stand* it when another company makes my decsions for me.

So I only use IE when I absolutely have to. FF for me all the way!
Much more secure as well (since it does not use the ActiveX connector).

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
maddmaxx said:
Haw. I forgot that it was April Fools Day, hehe. You got me. sbrehm you be NUTS. ;)

Hehe, I've been hardcore against IE for a few years now. If you only knew me longer <3

madstork91

The One, The Only...
When i read this... april fools didnt even cross my mind... I just though rob took a bad hit of acid or something.

dibene

Obliviot
I knew it.

Rob spent a weekend at my house last year, and he opened my browser and gave me that *no-no* look, he had discovered my dirty lil Explorer secret!

He showed superior restraint in not slapping me.