I am SICK and TIRED of Facebook

Drew

E.M.I.
I realize my opinnion here may and probably won't be shared by a large majority of people but I am sick to death of hearing about Facebook!!!!!!!!!!

If you are not addicted to it enough from your home computer, or sneaking it in at work or school on there computers, no fear you can get cell phones to access it too, so you can post and view all those useless, I mean important, pictures to feed that attention addiction of yours. I always need to get attention from total stangers or pardon me my FRIENDS, who I met once in high school or on the bus. I have many other personal reasons to dislike Facebook, if you want to know them feel free to ask, but this one I read just moments to go.

Facebook is now in a dispute with breastfeeding mothers here, http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/World/2009/01/01/7895331.html
Now really WHY THE HELL DO YOU WANT TO SHARE PICS OF YOU BREASTFEEDING YOUR KID WITH EVERYONE IN THE WORLD. If you want your parents to see their grankiddies or share them with your family, the only people I could imagine wanting to see that then........ EMAIL THEM THE PICS. If you and them can use Facebook email should be a walk in the park. Just cause you can't get that all important ahhhhhhhhhh.... you and the little ones look so cute for those "Friends" you spent less time with in person than you have posting your attention whoring opppps sorry grabbing pictures.

Anyway I could rant about this all day but I am interested to hear other oppinions on this. But I want to leave with just this message...

Get over the DAMN FACEBOOK UGHHHHH!!!

Last edited:

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
I also find facebook and all similar sites repulsive. The art of actually seeing people face to face is dying. I also do not even want ex-girlfriends and others that are in my past to have such a convenient way to track me down and irritate me. These sites offer nothing useful to me and as such I have never even visited them. I never will either. I realize that my strong dislike for these sites will cause me grief in what I said, but that is my personal opinion which is not influenced by anything else BUT my own personal opinion. My opinion does not express the opinion of Techgage in any way,shape or form as well. This is MY personal opinion as a human that likes to see and talk to humans.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
I enjoy facebook.

Sorry, i just do.

I like being able to keep up with friend i havent seenin person in god knows how long, and it is an easier, more structured way, of updating people on how you are, and when you might be in their area. (you know, to get together and have fun?)

It is a social site.

It can however be addicting, and when you just get "into" it, you can find yourself delving head first into something large and wondrous. Don't get lost, keep your head up, your nose above water, and try not to spend so much time trying to keep up with everything or everyone. (prob good life advice as well... 0.o)

As for the breast feeding...

Iunno the exact criteria for myspace, but facebook allows breast feeding so long as no areola.

Let me repeat this... FACEBOOK ALLOWS PICTURES OF BREAST FEEDING SO LONG AS THE PICTURES DO NOT SHOW THE AREOLA.

As I understand it... that rule isnt just for breast feeding, but covers all photos of females. Period. This means that a stripper can have a facebook profile, and as long as shes got those covered (tassles, tape, bandaide) she is good to go.

So let me clarify this for you:

The pictures of breastfeeding that facebook has removed showed areola.

PIctures that do not show the areola are still on facebook at this very fucking moment.

I was happy to help you (any one reading this fucking thing), and I would appreciate it if techgage stayed the fuck out of this topic, because its bad enough that EVERY OTHER NEWS OR TECH SITE seems to be getting into it.

Drew

E.M.I.
Just to clarify

I just want to clarify a few things thing that I think may have been mis-understood, I am not saying anything on behalf of Techgage. This post was not a Techgage sponsored article or news thread, it was just an obersvation that I came across while flipping through news sites.

It is also not the thought of posting pictures on the net that some people might find offensive, personally you have to go along way to offend me with a picture, it is the mothers being upset that "some" of their pics that went outside of the guidelines had been removed. Those are pictures that they wouldn't hand out to people passing by them on the sidewalk but they are upset that they can't post them on the internet to share them with their families or "friends". If it is so important that they share those pictures then learn to click on "Insert" then "Attach" and their problem would be solved. There is no need to start going to the media and talking more about Facebook. Facebook is a website and the owners and operators of the site have the right to limit the content on THEIR site, just as if the owners of Techgage decide that this post of mine is too ofensive to be shared they have the right to delete it. I could, in theory, go running to the media saying that my opinions were censored, but why? It isn't MY site it is TECHGAGE's and Techgage has the right to limit what I say and post on their site. But because the rant of those jilted mom's has something to do with Facebook the media eats it up. So on that point I agree with you MadStork.

So my main 2 points:

1. Facebook is not the be all end all of communication (directed at the genral population)
2. Stop treating Facebook as if it is the be all end all of communication (directed at the media)

P.S. I know i am using a medium to rant about Facebook, but hey thats what forum means, an online Discussion site.

Madstork I aprecciate you disagreeing with me, Thats what keeps discussion going.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
There are really only 3 things in this thread that you've stated and i disagree on.

1) facebook is cool.
2) breastfeeding pics are ok. (we agree that showing nipples while breast feeding is bad, i think?)
3) madstork91...

(really... how hard is it to just copy and paste my name?)

moon111

Coastermaker
My hometown in NW Ontario was hurt hard by the Free-Trade agreement with the U.S. Work became impossible to find and almost the entire Generation X moved. When nobody lives in the same city, province or state, it's kind of hard to have face-to-face communciations. Outside of my direct family, there's no one where I live that I have personal communications with. A service like Facebook keeps me in touch with 'everyone'.

Personally I think people are really freaked out over nothing over nudity. If one streaks, breast-feeds, or sun-bathes nude, people seem to react to each one differently. To me a boob is a boob, a butt a butt... it's all the same, and quite honestly it's all natural. But I accept other's may have a different view point. If Facebook doesn't want to host pictures of breastfeeding, then that's their choice. Nobody should be able to dictate what position they want to take with the issue. For those crying about breastfeeding pictures, maybe they should start their own social networking page.

On_Wisconsin

Coastermaker
I'm in a similar situation as moon. I go to college a half hour away from home and most of my buddies there live a half hour away too. Plus, most of my friends/classmates from HS are all around the country (and I'm only a year and a half removed from HS). How do keep in contact. and organize events with all of them? facebook.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I don't even care what other people do and whine about.
To each their own I say, I'm too busy with my own life to give a damn.

Merlin