I am *not* soliciting for votes for me...

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
I am soliciting for participants in the voting....

If any of you are Dell Forum members, go here... I stumbled into a modding contest of sorts...
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportfo...ativecontest&page_of_message_id=27&l=en&s=dhs

There is some good competition, and I'd like to see as high a total vote count as is possible.

You vote here:
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/

In the "General Poll" portion

REGARDLESS of whether you vote for me or not, I just like to direct people to these so that companies realize the draw that modding has.

So... head on over, voting continues until the 15th of September, so head over and vote. Let Dell know that the modding community is strong and full of participating and enthusiastic people!!!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Well, you have my vote bro. Aside from the dude that placed a PC in a R/C Car, all the others are -less- than impressive. And the R/C car mod looks like shit too, not very practical if you ask me. Are you going to drive it from room to room? All the others are either entry modding projects or people with more money than they know what to do with.......crunch, what is that?

I wouldn't even call half of them "mods"

Out of them all, yours is the most detailed and it is really the only one "clean" enough looking to be on my desk. Soooo, consider me solicited...

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I am trying boss. LOL, I said boss.

Seriously, I have been working on getting more votes for you. Man I hope you get that 30!

BlindMonk

E.M.I.
I really was amazed how that rotting end table was winning. Most pathetic-looking hack of a mod I can recall seeing. Not that I can mod for squat, but neither can that chap :rolleyes:

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
And the final chapter in the saga of "As the squirrel burns..."
(cue sappy soap opera music)

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=creativecontest&message.id=76

"Contest Voting Update

We have reason to believe that the integrity of this contest has been compromised. Accordingly, we have decided to alter the voting as follows. Please email your vote to the Dell_Forum_Contests@dell.com. mailbox and include the number and title of the system you would like to vote for as well as your Forum user ID. Only one vote per forum user id and email address will be allowed. The new voting will begin at 5 pm (Central Time) on September 15 and will close at 5 pm (Central Time) on September 20, 2006. Dell will compile the vote count and will announce the winner on September 25th. If you have questions or comments, please contact the Dell_Forums@dell.com mailbox."

you gotta admit... this is pretty entertaining from a very bizzarre point of view... I mean, it has intrigue, deciet, desire... all the makings for a good C grade "Bollywood" movie...

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Wow, how sad of Dell. I wonder what tipped them off? Maybe it was how the lesser of all mods was winning. How lame. You still have my vote baby!

madmat

Soup Nazi
I was looking at your PC's thread and that dude yammering at you about the scoop is a bit of a mehoff. Yeah I see the waves but I look at it and think "Have I built anything better?" and then followed in a flash by "No!" . Unless he's done a better build he shouldn't be so critical.

Good luck man.