I am American goddamnit!

leecho7

Partition Master
Today at work, some guy came in and wanted us to fix his car. He had a Mercedes Benz C class that needed a major tune up and a complete drain and fill for pretty much every liquid the car contained (radiator fluid, transmission oil, engine oil etc). I gave him a price (it's usually high for German cars), and he agreed to it. However, I told him we wouldn't be able to do the work until Thursday because we were lined up with work that needed to be done. That's when this dude snapped out of no reason.
He gives me a very stern, 'Why not?' I told him about our situation and that we were backed up with work.
He walked out the door and went inside his car. After like 5 minutes, he marches back in and calls me a goddamn 'gook'. And he starts to go on about how we 'gooks' are taking jobs away from hard working Americans.
In case you didn't know, I am a born American with a Korean heritage. However, I do not see myself as a Korean-American because, the most Korean thing about me is probably my appearance. I do, however, respect the traditions and customs, but do not practice them.
One wouldn't go up to a white guy and call him an Irish American, British American, French American etc, would they?

I lashed back at this guy and told him that I was born in Baltimore, and grew up in Baltimore. I was born an American and I will die as an American. Then he went on and started to claim that how his forefathers came to this country and served in the military etc. So I quickly snapped back saying, 'So your forefathers were immigrants just like my father. So what makes you so different from me? Is it because they came here before my parents did, that makes them more American? My parents are American citizens too, even though they immigrated here from Korea. As a matter of fact, my father fought in the Vietnam war even though he wasn't even American. You wouldn't believe me if I told you, but the US had help from ROK (Republic of Korea) forces during the Vietnam war. America was founded on people immigrating from other countries. So to say foreigners are taking jobs away from American's is bullshit. I am an American, and I'm working this job and I work damn hard to keep my job. So what, you're mad cause American's are taking jobs away from other Americans? I think that's something called competition.'

Well, what I said wasn't exactly that. But it was as close as I could get to through memory. So he flicks me off and walks out.

I am American goddamnit. Sorry for the rant, but wether you like it or not, I am an American.

Last edited:

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Its cool man... we all need a place to vent occassionally. I did it when i was banned from a local restraunt.

Oh, and you handled it alot more maturely than I would have.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Wow... I would have flipped my lid really. Some people are pissed at the world and will get pissed off by any small thing. You simply told him it couldn't be done today, and he plays a race card.

Unbelievable how effed up some people are really.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Silly bro, you almost want to feel sorry for that bastard. Ironically enough, the "American" is driving around insulting people in a German car. Damned idiots.

dibene

Obliviot
I would have played on it. I would have squinted and asked him if he'd ever seen a Ninja pull the balls off of a man before. And taken a few measured steps toward him.

I know, Ninjas are not Korean, but I guarantee that white trash sheep ****er knows nothing about Asian culture outside of a Godzilla movie.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
I would have told him that due to his situation we would promptly tend to his car, but couldn't have it done til tomorrow. Then I'd drag it out until the shop had emptied out enough to get to his car. If he can't wait for service he shouldn't wait so long to have it serviced on. Ignorant bastards like that make it harder to live here, and need to be taken out back for a beating or two.

Jen McPherson

Resident Artist Nerd
:O What a total wanker. Sorry, even though it probably doesn't help much. ^^ Its best not to listen to people like that anyway. They obviously aren't intelligent enough to converse with.

leecho7

Partition Master
I wish he could come back. So I can just totally lash out on him again about his Mercedes C class. The C class is like... getting a burger at McDonalds and comparing it to a burger at Fuddruckers.
The type of people who usually drive the Mercedes C class, are the types that want to present the image of being rich, but don't have the money to actually be rich.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
judging from how crappy he treated the thing he prob spends his money when he gets it and cant appreciate anything nice at all.

On a side note, you could read the thread and get a laugh out of it by this point. I mean its not every day I'll admit to #$%&n a sheep just to make you laugh.

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
What an absolute ass hat! The nerve...

*Excellent* response on your end. People like that need to be hit repeatedly with a "clue x 4"...

Sorry some round eye, goat pumper got at you.

You did good on your response though.
Excellent job.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
leecho7 said:
The type of people who usually drive the Mercedes C class, are the types that want to present the image of being rich, but don't have the money to actually be rich.

True that. Same with BMW 3 series... but I <3 any BMW.