How to Play Fallout 3 On Intel

ryanshedy

Obliviot
If your one of the Unlucky People who bought a laptop with a mobile intel GMA then i bet your disapointed that fallout 3 doesn't work right?

Well i had the same problem, so i snooped about a little bit and found a way to fix it,

How can i prove it? Because i have mobile Intel 4500MHD and ive got it to work

Before you begin
Download this

http://adf.ly/Keq7N

--------------------------
1.) Delete Your Fallout 3 Save games
NORMALLY LOCATED IN C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\Documents\My Games\Fallout3
( I Just deleted the fallout 3 folder in my games )
2) Download the File above
3.) Place the DLL file in the fallout 3 directory
NOT IN ANY FOLDERS JUST THE DIRECTORY WHERE FALLOUT3.EXE IS LOCATED

(So
Ex:
C:/Program Files(X86)/Bethesda/Fallout 3
OR
C:/Program Files/Bethesda/Fallout 3)
4.) Start the Launcher and lower all your settings including Resolution
5.) Launch fallout 3

Additional Details

Am not sure if this will work on anything else all i know is that it works on 4500MHD Mobile intel

My Spec

Intel Core2 Duo Processor T5800
(2.0GHz 800MHz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache)
1244MB Mobile Intel Graphics
Media Accelerator 4500MHD
3GB DDR2

I HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU, REMEMBER TO LEAVE A MSG IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS, THX

------------------------------------------
LATE UPDATE
-------------------------------------------
Firstly before I begin onto how to stabilize your frame-rate i would like to point out and complain about the amount of people that have high-jacked my method getting this game to work and claiming it as there own, I can not stress enough the fact that these "trolls" are nothing but an annoyance, Anyway :)
Now for my Update
=======================

Recently my laptop decided to overheat and commit suicide (R.i.P Acer Aspire 5735) so I was stuck with my miserably dull desktop computer with 768MB of ram and nvidia 6100 on-board graphic's chipset, which is way worse than an Intel GMA 4500 MHD, WAY WORSE I CAN GUARANTEE IT.

I wanted to play fallout soo BAD, So i did some digging and tried using this method, It worked perfectly but Once again like with my laptop i was stuck on a miserable 10-15 FPS :-|, So I did some exploring and downloading :) and found the 1 mod that saved my life

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6769

you can lower settings with it :) It includes various game modifications that aren't possible using the launcher configuration

FPS Boosting Console Commands

For a Maxumum frame-rate this is what i do and i can hammer at a 30 FPS easy on a nvidia 6100
so intel will be 999999999 times better

Don't expect this game to look better than dog crap, remember we want more rendered frames, not more rendered effects

Press ` Key and bring up you control (Disable your controller first in options) type these commands

TT - Toggle Tree's
TG - Toggle grass
FTOW - Toggle Fog of war

EXTREME FPS BOOSTERS (USE ONLY IF UNPLAYABLE)

TLB - Use Lite Bite, Disable's shadow's and other things
TS - Toggle Sky, (Always get a massive increase with this)

Experimental Method of Boosting

After prolonged play the game may begin to suffer under the weight of loaded cell count (so I read). if that occurs then bring the console up and type -

PCB

The PSB(Purge Cell buffer) is a way of lightening the load so that the game can perform more optimally.

I also noticed that this topic is the most viewed of the forum, I am extremely honored to be able to help so many people. I just wish people would at least give me some credit were credit is due for this work around, Everywhere I look people use this exact method and don't bother stating who found it, but anyway I'll stop.

Glad I could help :)

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Nice tip! I'm sure this will be of use to someone. I wonder if the same trick works with other games that don't run well on Intel GPUs?

ryanshedy

Obliviot
:)

I was thinking the same thing, the DLL tricks the game into thinking your running a compatable graphics card, ive looked around the net and i cant seem to find anyone who has got it working on an intel GMA 4500MHD pc, i think i'm the only one :)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
If I have time in the near-future, I'll give it a go on my notebook that has that same graphics chip... should be interesting.

Welcome to the forums, by the way :)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Hi Ryan:

Nah, I won't be able to for a while due to time. I don't even have my laptop at the moment because I loaned it to a family member, so I'm not sure when I'll get it back. Sorry for not being able to help right now.

Slava

Obliviot
Hi Ryan:
Thank you for d3d9.dll. Now I can play Fallout3. I have HP DV4 -1120Us (x4500MHD). Did you try DLL from any another graphic card? May be we can run the game a litle faster?

ryanshedy

Obliviot
hmm

i can get like 15 - 20 FPS, its playable but i want more, If you really prefer higher frame rates there are several ingame things you can do to increase framerate, but some of these may affect gameplay

Ok when you are on the fallout 3 launcher go on options and set all of the fades as low as you can (Actor Fades, Tree Fades and Object Fades ETC,) NOTE - Doing this can kinda ruin it a bit as you cant see enemies who are shooting from far away as they arnt close enough to render,

another option is to disable Grass and Trees
Ingame go into console ( Press ` )
Type TT press enter and
Type TG press enter

Hope this helps :) Reply see how it does

Daniel236

Obliviot
is it ok if i get this on something other than rapidshare because im not premium on it but i found d3d9.dll elsewhere

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
is it ok if i get this on something other than rapidshare because im not premium on it but i found d3d9.dll elsewhere

Non-premium users are allowed to download a file a day, so just choose the "Free User" option and wait for the countdown.

Drog

Obliviot
works for X3100

worked on my dell 1525 laptop using Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100.

However actual game play and cut scenes are slower then toleration allows. I'll stick to playing it on my desktop. frankly if your trying to use a laptop (other then high end alienware) to play computer games your kind of an idiot. This is exactly why I prefer my consoles over PC. an XBOX game WILL run on an XBOX. I don't need a particular video card, or processor.

Elfy13

Obliviot
thank you!

I'm leaving the country so I wanted to be able to play my favorite game on my laptop and take it with me - since I don't trust the airlines with my xbox 360. I was devastated to find that I couldn't play it with this intel chip. You saved my gaming sanity!

BTW, I'm on a Dell Inspiron 1545 with a Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family for the graphics.

Yes, things can slow down and get a bit choppy at times, but that is more than worth it to be able to continue playing this game.

Again, thank you. I joined primarily to say thank you to you - though I will certainly check out other things on this interesting forum.

Quietly

Obliviot
If your one of the Unlucky People who bought a laptop with a mobile intel GMA then i bet your disapointed that fallout 3 doesnt work right?

Well i had the same problem, so i snooped about a little bit and found a way to fix it,

How can i prove it? Because i have mobile intel 4500MHD and ive got it to work

First before you begin Download this

http://rapidshare.com/files/268123517/d3d9.dll

Heres how i did it.
2) Download the dll File above
( NOT IN ANY FOLDERS JUST THE DIRECTORY WHERE FALLOUT3.EXE IS LOCATED)
( Dont forget to ENABLE Vsync to higher your framerate )
5.) Launch fallout 3

Additional Details

Am not sure if this will work on anything else all i know is that it works on 4500MHD Mobile intel

MY SPEC

3GB DDR2

I HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU, REMEMBER TO LEAVE A MSG IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS, THX

THE DLL ISNT A VIRUS BTW, SCAN IT ALL YOU WANT BUT REALLY IT ISNT,
IVE BEEN GETTING COMPLAINTS SAYING THAT POSTING DLL IS DANGEROUS BUT I JUST WANTED TO SAY THE DLL IS NOT A VIRUS

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've wanted this game since it came out but couldn't play it, until I read your post. Amazing :) x

Your a SANITY Saver

If your one of the Unlucky People who bought a laptop with a mobile intel GMA then i bet your disapointed that fallout 3 doesnt work right?

==========
EDIT

Ive been listening to People moaning about not being able to download from rapidshare
so i re-up'ed it to my freewebs account and put it in a rar file :) hopefully it should be alot easier for everyone now :)

http://gtacrimeworldhome.webs.com/d3d9.rar

Heres how i did it.
5.) Launch fallout 3

Additional Details

MY SPEC

3GB DDR2

IVE BEEN GETTING COMPLAINTS SAYING THAT POSTING DLL IS DANGEROUS BUT I JUST WANTED TO SAY THE DLL IS NOT A VIRUS

LATE UPDATE
Firstly before I begin onto how to stabilise your frame-rate i would like to point out and complain about the amount of people that have high-jacked my method getting this game to work and claiming it as there own, I can not stress enough the fact that these "trolls" are nothing but an annoyance, Anyway :) Now for my Update
=======================

Recentlly my laptop decided to overheat and commit suicide (R.i.P Acer Aspire 5735) so I was stuck with my miserably dull desktop computer with 768MB of ram and nvidia 6100 on-board graphic's chip, which is way worser than an Intel GMA 4500 MHD, WAY WORSE I CAN GUARANTEE IT.
I wanted to play fallout soo BAD, So i did some digging and tried using this method, It worked perfectly but Once again like with my laptop i was stuck on a miserable 10-15 FPS :-|, So I did some exploring and downloading :) and found the 1 mod that saved my life

you can lower settings with it :) alot more than in game

For a Maxumum frame-rate this is what i do and i can hammer at a 30 FPS easy on a nvidia 6100
so intel will be 999999999 times better :)

Press ` Key and bring up you control (Disable your controller first in options) type these commands

TT - Toggle Tree's
TG - Toggle grass
FTOW - Toggle Fog of war

TS - Toggle Sky, (Always get a massive increase with this) :)

Hey Man:

Thank You so much I bought an Acer Aspire 7741Z-5731 Laptop.

Intel Pentium P6000 1.86ghz Dual Core 3mb L3 Cache
Intel HD Graphics 128mb dedicated Graphics Memory---not the MHD4500 Series
4gb ddr3 PC 8500 1066mhz FSB
250gig IDE/Sata 5400rpm HD

I had been playing Fallout New Vegas on Medium Settings without a hitch.
So figuring that if NV ran on it Fallout 3 would to WRONG!!!! :mad:

I've tried different solutions for almost 2 weeks when I happened upon your post.
Dreading the possibility of another useless install/uninstall routine.
I figured What the HEY, It's worth a shot
IT WORKS Man IT WORKS "THANK YOU" SO MUCH.

I don't know if this makes any difference but I've patched it to V 1.7, And applied the NO DVD Patch as well....

Thanks Again from the bottom of this SAVAGE's Heart..... :cool:

Artholl

Obliviot
Works on Intel GMA 965

I love you!
I tried to run this game for several days. I have Intel GMA 965 and now i can play this awesome game.
Thank you!

jeff4004

Obliviot

==========
EDIT

Ive been listening to People moaning about not being able to download from rapidshare
so i re-up'ed it to my freewebs account and put it in a rar file :) hopefully it should be alot easier for everyone now :)

http://gtacrimeworldhome.webs.com/d3d9.rar

Heres how i did it.
5.) Launch fallout 3

Additional Details

MY SPEC

3GB DDR2

LATE UPDATE
Firstly before I begin onto how to stabilise your frame-rate i would like to point out and complain about the amount of people that have high-jacked my method getting this game to work and claiming it as there own, I can not stress enough the fact that these "trolls" are nothing but an annoyance, Anyway :) Now for my Update
=======================

Recentlly my laptop decided to overheat and commit suicide (R.i.P Acer Aspire 5735) so I was stuck with my miserably dull desktop computer with 768MB of ram and nvidia 6100 on-board graphic's chip, which is way worser than an Intel GMA 4500 MHD, WAY WORSE I CAN GUARANTEE IT.

you can lower settings with it :) alot more than in game

so intel will be 999999999 times better :)

TT - Toggle Tree's
TG - Toggle grass
FTOW - Toggle Fog of war

TS - Toggle Sky, (Always get a massive increase with this) :)

Well, I did what you said, and it still gives me the error:

"Failed to initalize renderer. Hardware T&L required but not supported by adapter."
What do I do? :(