How Does Whiskey Fare After 100 Years of Antarctic Conditions?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's widely agreed upon that a nicely aged bottle of wine tends to taste a lot better than one bottled within the previous year, but what about other alcohols, such as whiskey? Thanks to an amazing discovery that occurred last year, we should soon know the answer to that question.

Read the rest of our post here and discuss it here!

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
BOOZE NEWS (and whiskey at that!) ON A TECH SITE!!!

My two loves, combined at last!

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
It'll probably taste better than the 5 year old tester bottle stored in a warm cloakroom for 20 years that I found a couple months ago... that tasted of cigarette butts soaked in gasoline and moonshine... good times :p.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Anybody else find it funny that only staff members posted about booze? Back to the bottle, boys!

The Krell

Obliviot
FYI If it's from Scotland then it's spelt Whisky. Never ever with an "e". All that whisky is probably now turning in its barrels ;)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
FYI If it's from Scotland then it's spelt Whisky. Never ever with an "e". All that whisky is probably now turning in its barrels ;)

Since we're on these shores, I'm not quite sure if we're supposed to spell it as it is in Scotland. That might be like use adding "our" to words like color if we're writing about a new color discovered in England! It's an interesting factoid though, I had no idea of the different spellings :D

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
That's ok, Doomsday. I've had your share....and likely Rob's and Jamie's as well. :p

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
Since we're on these shores, I'm not quite sure if we're supposed to spell it as it is in Scotland. That might be like use adding "our" to words like color if we're writing about a new color discovered in England! It's an interesting factoid though, I had no idea of the different spellings :D

Is this site considered Canadian or American? I think we are supposed to use the British spelling in Canada. At least most of the time .... We spell some things the American way. The rubber things that go on the wheels of a car are "tires" here, not "tyres", for example.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Heh, they only dug the stuff back up last year, they are sure taking their time. Should be interesting to hear either way when they do give it a sip... :)