Home made PC ingredients....

Dom

Obliviot
Well some of you may remember a post I made a few years ago that looks very similiar to this one, I was tired of buying shitty PCs pre-built from PC Stores so I asked for a breakdown of all I need seperately so I could head online and buy them.

Well I got some great responses and ended up with a great rig but a recent split from my g/f (well not 'too' just been busy lately) has left me without a PC, seeing as she paid the majority of it and when we broke up she gave me my share of the money back.........

So I've yet again found myself without a PC and since I havent looked or kept abreast of the market for nearly 2 years I'm so clueless when it comes to the individual parts needed and the best of the bunch!

if any kind soul could offer any items they find super great atm I would surely appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dom.

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
Well, if you want a super great case, look at the Antec SOLO, which I recently reviewed. On multiple levels (finish, build quality, ease of use, noise), it's a wonderful case, unless you're looking for something larger.

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
CPU: Intel Core 2 duo E6400 or AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200
RAM: 2GB of something. I use OCZ, with no problems.
Video: If your heart is set on a high-end DX10 part, the 320MB 8800GTS is the only affordable option right now, but you can shell out for the higher-memory parts if you wish.
Motherboard: Look at ABIT, ASUS, Gigabyte

Do you really want the best of the best of everything? Or just a 'modern' mid-range machine? I think my "Reference" machine (at about $1200 to build) is a good example of a mid-range machine that's within reach of most people. The X1650XT video card is in there to give some decent mid-range performance while I wait for ATI's R600-series mid-range parts. Some extra information about your intended use for this machine would be helpful. Otherwise, our suggestions will involve spending a lot of extra money for capability you won't really use.

Last edited: