Has StarCraft II Become the Most Expensive Game Ever Developed?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
With the rip-roaring success (understatement) of the original StarCraft game, Blizzard wasn't about to walk into the development room for the sequel and not pony up some cold hard cash to make sure that it gets the best ratings possible and sells like there's no tomorrow. Well, it sure accomplished one of those goals so far, and we'll see if the latter happens after the game launches later this month.

starcraft_ii_071910.jpg

Read the rest of our news post here and discuss it here!

killem2

Coastermaker
Great read but i thought that the new star wars mmo was breaking the budget for most expensive game ever?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
No idea, but that might be. I didn't even realize there was ANOTHER Star Wars MMO en route. I hope it doesn't flop like the original one did.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Bring on Diablo III damn it. Let's get Star Craft out of the way and get to the awesome. 100M is a ton of money but I bet they make it back in little time. This is a AAA title.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
the day my SCII arrives, i am gonna pack on a six pack of Redbulls and play for days!! :D Wohoo!

Including Diablo III and Mass Effect 3! ;)

Last edited:

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Hell yeah. I'm probably going to do something similar but I have to be honest, I haven't ever been a huge Star Craft fan. I enjoyed playing it LAN in college but it's not one of my favs. I'm praying for another good Command and Conquer. That's a RTS that I can play for days.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I know this is off topic somewhat but I miss Shenmue. That was the absolute best game I have ever played and what the standard that I hold all games to. Sure, it's showing it's age and Sega completely cocked up the series but not continuing with it but man, I miss that game.

It might be time to buy me another Dreamcast...and an XBox.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
i cant wait! its 27th!! :D

another awesome news! Warhammer 40k: Space Marines is also coming to PC, wohoo! yaaess!! :D