Has Microsoft Been Taking Google's Results to Use in Bing?

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
It's not too often that a company such as Google will speak quite bluntly about the poor business practices of its competitors, but in this particular case, it might have had good reason to. In its research, it has found that Microsoft's Bing search engine has been ripping off its results, and it has the damning proof to help back those claims up.

search_results_bingvsgoogle_020311.png

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
All Microsoft is doing is proving that they don't have the skill to make a good search engine, and that they have to rip off Google searches to compete. That's sad.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
As odd as it is, I still prefer Bing. I just use Google when searching for more technical data.

MacMan

Partition Master
The biggest advantage is that it's not Google.

;-)

Rob, you got that right!

After reading a book called "The Marketing Of Evil", l learned to hate this 'evil' company big time. As far as I'm concerned, if Google really believes in being 'open', then they should open up their search 'algorithms' to any and all, including Bing!

Google apparently believes its free to copy other companies 'intellectual properties', such as multi-touch, which 'you-know-who' patented over five years ago. It was only after they did, that Android took off. I'm sure Larry Ellison could tell you a thing or two about that, as documented in the link below.

http://fosspatents.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-evidence-supports-oracles-case.html

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
I find it to be pretty hilarious. Typical Microsoft, isn't it?

Actually "typical" Microsoft would be to buy them out... but that isn't an option here.

Did find the story to be hilarious. If you can't beat 'em then just copy their work, eh?