HAF mod Water Cooling

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
It sure is. Which is why I'd make mine pink.

Maybe.

I actually like that you DIDN'T go blue... it's far, far too common.

Shush you, mine's blue. :p Anyway it's mutagenic green that's the most common!

Bit of interesting news though, Thermochill is under new management. One of the things they've already begun doing is standardizing the fan spacing so their radiators will be compatible with any other radiator capable cases... I'm just not sure what cases can fit a PA140.3 except for an ABS Canyon.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
No offense to your machine... I've just had my fill of blue I think. Any gaming chassis I've had, even the Sniper I have now, is blue. I'm partial to red... wouldn't mind seeing more of that, or purple even. And yes, I agree... green is really overused also, especially where water-cooled rigs are concerned.

As for Thermochill, that's cool, but I'm confused. The PA140.3 wouldn't fit in many chassis', so what am I missing? Or is that just something that happened before the management change-over?

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
I just mentioned the PA140.3 because I've always wanted one, the surface area is huge yet it makes far more sense than these quad 120mm fan radiators that have been slowly catching on for awhile now. Come to think of it, there might be room in my current case if I expand the section housing the PA120.3... I'll have to find their product spect sheet for some measurements.

Anyway, Thermochill's new management was behind the PA140.3 and PA120.4 launches, along with finally updating Thermochill's designs to be compatible with standard fan mounts.

Even the HAF 932 should be able to fit a PA140.3 in the top, the case is certainly wide/deep enough. Only question would be the mounting points...

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I guess a 4 fan rad would take care of multiple blocks.
But I have two water systems, one for just the GPU and one for the CPU.
If you wanted it any cooler you could use TEC plates between the block a heat source.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Sure, but that uses electricity and puts a higher load on your watercooling system as it must also cool 100% of the power consumed by the TEC. So you would need a TEC on everything, else you would be cooling one component at the expense of heating up the rest. Honestly I won't go with sub-ambient cooling because of condensation issues, I view that as much more risky that simple watercooling.

Just think about it. The three 140mm fan radiator has more surface area than a four fan 120mm radiator... not to mention the fans will be quieter, or push more air for CFM at the same decibel volume. Cooling the hottest components or even a dual-GPU+CPU setup should be a breeze with a PA140.3