GotoMYPC Alternatives

Krazy K

Partition Master
We use Goto at work and I would love to have it, but I'm not paying $20/mo to be able to log in at school and upload the paper I typed and forgot to upload. Window Remote access is clumsy at best, you can't connect to a computer running vista home premium(guess what I have) and then it logs out the user thus rendering utorrent or any other background process worthless.

Anyone know of another program that is cheaper to own that has the functionality to be able to log in and control a home computer to complete simple tasks?

Ben

Site Developer
I think you can use something like TightVNC. I use this at school to connect to Linux boxes, but it says it works with Windows although I've never tried it.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Go with what Ben suggested.

I've heard some good things about TightVNC, but not actually tried it yet. From what I have read its a recommended program to use.

Sirius

Obliviot
You can try PC File Transfer. This program offers a simple way to establish a reliable remote connection between computers. Once a connection is established, you can transfer files in any direction (from or to the remote computer). It is also possible to start files and programs on the remote computer. I like that PC File Transfer has two different remote access methods: direct connection using the IP address and account connection that works for computers with dynamic IP addresses, for computers behind routers and firewalls.