Google Makes 'Google Fiber' Official

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Google has today formally announced its Google Fiber Internet service, causing those living in either Kansas City, MO or Kansas City, KS to jump for joy while making everyone else discover a new level of jealousy. While the initial packages themselves are priced well, it's the talk of "Gigabit" that's most exciting.

google_fiber_072212.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Wow...I cannot wait to see where this company goes in the next 10 years. Google in space?

Psi*

Tech Monkey
"a data hungry family" in Kansas City? Well. Ok. I drove thru the Kansas cities one night & there are a lot of lights for ... 15 minutes.:(

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I am just thinking about the math here. If you had a connection like that, and Steam's servers cooperated, you'd be able to download all 30GB of Max Payne 3 in 4 minutes flat.

Damn.

Big Red Machine

Hellfire and Brimstone
Staff member
Dang. Too bad Joe Montana no longer plays for the Chiefs.

Then again, you could watch the San Francisco 49ers online...

Hmm...

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Yeah, if you don't mind being ass-raped and pay $300/yr for a mere four months of sport!

Glider

Coastermaker
If you have any understanding of the worldwide fibre network, you just smile, wave and think "Yeah, right..."

madmat

Soup Nazi
The first time I read the Google Fiber headline my first thought was "Not another laxative!"

Lucky KC people.