Google Gives Us Our Search Results Even Faster

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Moderator
A couple of weeks ago, we linked to an Intel-sponsored survey that declared that most people do strange things when waiting for their technology to finish whatever it's doing, from loading up an e-mail to loading up a movie to generally anything that would cause you to sit there and twiddle your thumbs. We live in an instant world, and when our technology can't keep up, it's frustrating.

​


Read the rest of our news post and then discuss it here!
 

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
hahaha my Google was doing that I thought hmm thats cool and it helped me remember what I was gonna Google.
 

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Moderator
I can understand the flickering problem as you type, but dare I say, most of us can't touch-type, so we're staring at the keyboard oblivious to the live changes on screen, which means that the function is almost useless to us regular typists.

Google's made quite a big change to their engine just so that users can gain an extra 0.3 secs per search.... which over 20,000 searches is just under 2 hours of 'extra' time, which you could probably waste getting side tracked by.... oh look, 3 monkeys fighting over a banana...
 
Top