Google Gives Us Our Search Results Even Faster

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
A couple of weeks ago, we linked to an Intel-sponsored survey that declared that most people do strange things when waiting for their technology to finish whatever it's doing, from loading up an e-mail to loading up a movie to generally anything that would cause you to sit there and twiddle your thumbs. We live in an instant world, and when our technology can't keep up, it's frustrating.

Read the rest of our news post and then discuss it here!

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
hahaha my Google was doing that I thought hmm thats cool and it helped me remember what I was gonna Google.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
I can understand the flickering problem as you type, but dare I say, most of us can't touch-type, so we're staring at the keyboard oblivious to the live changes on screen, which means that the function is almost useless to us regular typists.

Google's made quite a big change to their engine just so that users can gain an extra 0.3 secs per search.... which over 20,000 searches is just under 2 hours of 'extra' time, which you could probably waste getting side tracked by.... oh look, 3 monkeys fighting over a banana...