Good Old Games Offering Buy-One-Get-One on Interplay Catalogue

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
This past June, we took a look at a rather unique game delivery service called "Good Old Games", or GOG.com for short. This service, as we saw in the article, offers not brand-new games, but rather old, older and very, very old classic PC games. Since I became a member of the service, I've bought nearly twenty different titles, so you could say I'm a fan.

Well, the service has just about hit its first anniversary, and to celebrate, the company is offering up Interplay's entire game catalogue available on the site as a buy-one-get-one kind of deal. Buy one game for $5.99, get another for free... it's simple. It's an unlimited deal, so you can purchase as many, or as little games as you want. So if there's any older titles you want to fill out your collection, there's many here.

Actually, there's a total of thirty-three, and many are true classics. These include Fallout 1 and 2, Freespace, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Sacrifice, Earthworm Jim, MDK, Shogo: Mobile Armor Division, Castles 1 and 2, Descent 1, 2 and 3, Redneck Rampage, Jagged Alliance and more. Maybe I should stop looking now... I own most of these games, but I sure don't have the time to play them all!

If you do want to pick up some new old games though, you might want to act fast as there are only six days left to this deal.

good_old_games_090309.jpg

GOG.com launched the Early Access Beta at the beginning of September 2008 with just two publishers (Interplay and Codemasters) onboard and about 40 games in its catalogue. Since then close to 30 publishers and developers have embraced GOG's brand of DRM-free digital distribution and signed worldwide deals with the site. Together they offer GOG's enthusiastic fan community nearly 140 classic games, including such gems from PC gaming's past as the Fallout series, Heroes of Might and Magic I through III, Duke Nukem 3D and Beneath a Steel Sky, which is offered for free to all GOG.com users.

Source: Good Old Games