Good mmorpgs soon?

gliffy

Obliviot
I'm tired of playing WoW and was wondering what other mmorpgs games are about to come out soon? In the next few months, give or take?

skyrise

Obliviot
Dark and Light is due to be released soon. It is a fantasy mmorpg similiar to WoW, and is suppose to have the largest size landmass in any mmorpg game. Has multiple character classes, weapons, and quests. Supports flying mounts where you can fly across the landscape and explore. You aren't likely to get bored of it soon due to its size.

Ben

Site Developer
MMORPG.com has a list of upcoming MMO releases on their homepage. Have you tried out any of the other current gen MMO's though? GW, EQ2, EVE, etc.

gliffy

Obliviot
Yes, I tryed Everquest 2. Did not like it.

No, I did not try GW. Does not seem like a game I would like.

No clue about Eve. What is Eve?

Yaotl

Obliviot
EVE is set in space....you control a ship. The small bit i played was fun but I never gave it the time it deserved.

necron99

Obliviot
gliffy said:
Yes, I tryed Everquest 2. Did not like it.

No, I did not try GW. Does not seem like a game I would like.

No clue about Eve. What is Eve?

GUILD WARS rocks...IS superior to WOW in every way....I've played both I've heard all the hype and WOW falls wayyyyyyyyy short. do yourself a favor and get a copy of GW.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
I, too have both. The best thing about GW is the mapping. You don't have to find a city find a flight route, talk to this guy talk to the other. You pick a town you've been to and you can "map" or teleport there. The level cap is fairly low at 20, but there's so much to do even at that level. The world is huge. I enjoy soloing to find towns and loot. Something that's harder to do in WoW. You can use NPC's to fight with you instead of waiting for people to join a party. The biggest thing that dissapoints me is the action/spell limit. You only have numbers 1-8 for actions and spells. Unlike WoW, where you can have almost all on screen.

I think the best thing about WoW is the creation of items. You can make stuff to sell. Other than drops, there's not much else you can sell in GW. Not to say it's harder to get money, but the gold is just worth more.

I prefer GW to WoW most of all due to NO MONTHLY FEE. You don't have to keep shelling out money to play the game. Thing about it, 15 a month for 12 months = $180 a year. No thanks. To have to put up with laggy servers and a servre queue, that could take half an hour to join. Not to mention having to create a character on a specific server just to play with friends. GW your char is on any server you pick.

They both have their attractions, but I believe it's the better marketing campaign that's put Blizzard on top. GW is definitely worth looking into.