GoDaddy Suffering Major Outages, Rendering Many Sites Inaccessible

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
GoDaddy is currently dealing with a significant outage problem, so if you've been experiencing downed websites today, this is probably why. The exact issue is hard to pinpoint, but some have said it's a problem with GoDaddy's nameservers (DNS), but regardless of that, it seems that thousands, if not millions of websites have remained unavailable to many people today.

godaddy_logo_large_091012.png

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

madmat

Soup Nazi
Sucks for the poor people using GoDaddy as a hosting company. Hopefully it results in an exodus away from them and GoDaddy ends up as relevant as Yahoo! is.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I'm not a fan of GoDaddy per se. I am not sure if it's the cocky elephant-killer founder, the company's initial support for SOPA, or its stupid commercials that just don't sit well with me, but it's something.

In a sheer bit of irony, I actually considered GoDaddy last month when moving servers to host our nameservers. Sure dodged a bullet there.

RainMotorsports

Partition Master
Sucks for the poor people using GoDaddy as a hosting company. Hopefully it results in an exodus away from them and GoDaddy ends up as relevant as Yahoo! is.

If this is a DNS issue if your hosting a website with them its only a secondary issue. If your using them as a registrar and have their DNS it won't matter where your site is hosted.

In a sheer bit of irony, I actually considered GoDaddy last month when moving servers to host our nameservers. Sure dodged a bullet there.

I gave them a thought as well. Many of the alternatives on the Anti SOPA get away from go daddy list were not ideal. Namecheap despite recently actually becoming their own registrar still seems to operate with enom. They have been accused thousands of times of stealing domains the moment they expire.

I ended up going with Hover (Tucows) and the only reason i didn't want to was the price.

Last edited: