GO OC's North American Final to be Held Next Weekend

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
Just a few weeks ago, I posted a link to an online magazine devoted to both overclocking and of course, overclockers. In that post, I mentioned that the hobby of overclocking isn't slowing down, and in fact, it seems to be growing at a very rapid pace. Proof of this is seen with sponsored overclocking events, and if there's one company to throw their weight behind some of the biggest overclockers around, it'd be Gigabyte.

Their GO OC (Gigabyte Open Overclocking Championship) has spawned many different events so far, with the final set to be held in Taipei alongside Computex. To help gear up for that, Gigabyte, with the help of a few select sponsors, have been holding events all around the world, essentially to cherry-pick the best overclockers in the world to appear at the final.

Between March and now, Gigabyte has been wrapping up these events for finalists, with only one left, which will be held next weekend in California. We'll be there to report from the event, where we can hope some world records will be broken. If not, there are sure to be records broken in June at Computex. For a lot more information about the event, head on over to the official site. The equipment that each overclocking team will be using is all listed there, alongside photos from previous events.

gigabyte_gooc09_041609.jpg

As an engineering powerhouse, GIGABYTE sees the need to bring world-ranked and the most extreme power users together on a yearly basis to further energize the OC community, and provide the most talented power users an opportunity to meet face to face, share their know-how and their point of views on how GIGABYTE strive for on engineering excellence and producing top-of-class motherboards and graphics cards catered to enthusiast crowd in the future.

Source: Gigabyte Open Overclocking Championship

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
It had quite a few issues, but I kinda wish now that Gigabyte would do that online overclocking contest again... it was fun winning stuff with that and pushing my system to the wall. Nothing like a bit of chilled watercooling to get the computer sweating... :)

Interesting looking motherboard graphic... and choice of HL2 sound effect.