Get Ready to Gear Up for Fast and the Furious 5

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I am not sure about you guys, but with the knowledge of Sonic the Hedgehog 4's summer release, I would have been content for the next couple of weeks without some real excitement. But, it's here anyway, with the announcement that both Vin Diesel and Paul Walker will be returning to the studio for the fourth sequel to the popular...

fast_and_furious_020510.jpg

You can read the rest of our news post here.

On_Wisconsin

Coastermaker
I'm a bit of a car guy and I hate how the series portrays racing. IMO, it's geared for 13-14 year olds who play NFS (the newer ones, not the old school, more simulation geared)

2Tired2Tango

Tech Monkey
Given how disappointed I was with the first 3 sequals, I'm not about to hold my breath in anticipation.

The Fast and the Furious is one of my all time favorite movies. Aside from one extraneous scene where the skid plate blows off the car, I bought into it and enjoyed the whole movie.

Too fast Too furious was ok, at least it had a plot but the big stunt at the end was totally unbelievable. I just hate the big jump stunts where they have to place ramps in totally unlikely places to make the stunt work... In the real world that movie would have ended with a huge splash and both of them about 50 feet from shore.

Tokyo Drift was just a bunch of crap, bad acting, poorly done stunts and loud music, and I'm still trying to figure out what the story line was.

Fast and Furious was a cartoon show, the CGI was obvious, the acting was high school play and for the most part the story line was present only to support the driving scenes. I actually enjoyed the out-takes more than the movie.

Altrus

Coastermaker
First was V.Good!
2nd was Ok!
3rd was Meh!
4th was V.Good!

heh...
3rd was my first
4th was my second
1st was my third
2nd was my fifth

...places that is, I loved the third one.
I'd probably do more with cars, partially because of these movies, if I could afford to mess around with them...

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
heh...
3rd was my first
4th was my second
1st was my third
2nd was my fifth

...places that is, I loved the third one.
I'd probably do more with cars, partially because of these movies, if I could afford to mess around with them...

i'd do that if i had the cash! :D

crowTrobot

E.M.I.
I know this sounds really geeky but somehow I think I'd sink more money into my system than on my car. lol I'd probably max out a six-monitor eyefinity setup before spending a dime on aftermarket car parts.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
I know this sounds really geeky but somehow I think I'd sink more money into my system than on my car. lol I'd probably max out a six-monitor eyefinity setup before spending a dime on aftermarket car parts.
Aaye! that would be better! :D

2Tired2Tango

Tech Monkey

Interesting... See I'd put the money into something totally useful... like a year's supply of Jolt Cola and Frozen Pizza.

:eek:

Altrus

Coastermaker
Interesting... See I'd put the money into something totally useful... like a year's supply of Jolt Cola and Frozen Pizza.

:eek:

I've never heard of Jolt before.....

As for the computer...I don't think I'd be able to put that much money into my computer....I mean...everything with cars is just expensive...just a custom paint would be 5000+ usually....I can't see being able to put more than 10k into a computer....Well I guess I could but I would have to be irrationally just throwing everything into a 7slot sli board that supports 12 hard drives 20 cd/dvd/bluray drives, samsung LEDTV montior, with an amazing surrond sound system, and a bunch of amazing input devices...mice, joysticks, what not.....

2Tired2Tango

Tech Monkey
I've never heard of Jolt before.....

Jolt Cola was at one time the staple of hackers and programmers working the long hours to get projects finished... Back in the days of the true geek, when software was an adventure not a corporate undertaking.... The stuff had so much caffiene in it, you'd swear, you could feel it going through your veins.

Some even took it to the point of having a microwave on top of a bar fridge right next to their workstations so they could nuke some mini-pizzas and grab a fresh Jolt without even getting out of their chair.

These days it's a comedic stereotype of the computer nerd.... They made quite a big thing of it on NCIS with their lab tech constantly slupring on huge buckets of the stuff....

Attachments

• Jolt Cola.JPG
    Jolt Cola.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:

crowTrobot

E.M.I.
When it comes to microwaving, I'm more of a pizza pockets guy as they come with that crisper box. lol. I like my frozen pizza baked in a toaster oven.

10K on a computer for me would be 6x120Hz LCDs, SSDs in RAID and maybe a phase change cooler. I still wouldn't buy an Intel Extreme chip though. lol, probably a Xeon and a supermicro dual 5520 board.