Gas Prices

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It was mentioned on the news the other night (CNN) that by the summer, gas prices could be at around $4.00 country-wide. It's already at that in Canada though, so I'd hate to see how much higher it will go here.

No wonder there is such a hardcore push on gas mileage lately in car commercials.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
It was mentioned on the news the other night (CNN) that by the summer, gas prices could be at around $4.00 country-wide. It's already at that in Canada though, so I'd hate to see how much higher it will go here.

No wonder there is such a hardcore push on gas mileage lately in car commercials.
I've never seen it that high before.
I fill up every two weeks in my personal vehicle.
At work there is a credit card limit of 75.00 a day...now they tell us to fill up when we get to half a tank.
Usually, I fill up every 3 to 4 days in the work vehicle.
And at home, I'm getting a locking gas cap..... :mad:

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Talked to my little bro today, he said gas prices are high there in Fla also...but only by 4 or 5 cents than here....
Like I said, Atlanta usually has the cheapest gas in the country....it may still be true, but only by a small margin

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
Do you have a spare bedroom to rent/lease ?? :D

Oh....wait...that's 3.79 a gallon....wassa me be tinkin

Your math is broken. $1.29 a Liter is about $5.16 a gallon........

A liter is alitte more than a Quart. Welcome to Canada's world of high gas prices our US friends.......

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
$3.20 here, give or take nickel depending what side of town.

Hate to be negative, but the summer driving season has not even started yet, once demand takes off so will prices this summer. Amtrack might post their best annual results yet this year...

Honestly, I expect prices to keep going up. We still pay much less than those in the UK for instance... London is currently around $4.50 if you convert measurements, and that's ignoring a single British Pound is worth $1.99 right now. ;)

Edit: Ya posted right under me... One US gallon is ~3.7854 litres, at least according to google. So it would be $4.88 in Canada.

Last edited:

Krazy K

Partition Master
Do you have a spare bedroom to rent/lease ?? :D

Oh....wait...that's 3.79 a gallon....wassa me be tinkin

Check your math.

Proving once again that I don't read the entire forum before replying.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Honestly, I expect prices to keep going up. We still pay much less than those in the UK for instance... London is currently around $4.50 if you convert measurements, and that's ignoring a single British Pound is worth $1.99 right now. ;)

That's my thinking for most anything. Whenever I complain about a price, I think of how ridiculous it probably is in the UK.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard

moon111

Coastermaker
I usually get hired on seasonally with the Federal government. I just went back to work after collecting Unemployment Insurance. (Which I could still do until this fall.) With gas prices, I'm out about $20 a week compared to my U.I. check.

madmat

Soup Nazi
You're in Acworth? I work there at Seiz Printing. It shows $3.49 as the cheapest here in Kennesaw but it's further than I like to go. It's over near Barrett PKWY. and I'm on Wade Green. For $3.55 I can most likely break even on the loss in driving 6 miles round trip to save 7 cents a gallon.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
You're in Acworth? I work there at Seiz Printing. It shows $3.49 as the cheapest here in Kennesaw but it's further than I like to go. It's over near Barrett PKWY. and I'm on Wade Green. For $3.55 I can most likely break even on the loss in driving 6 miles round trip to save 7 centa a gallon.
Actually here by Townlake, but still an Acworth address.
At work they said to fill up at half a tank, as to not go over the 75.00 fillup in a day.

madmat

Soup Nazi
Meh, I use about $10 a week for work and $5 for incidental driving. Gotta love having a 10mi round trip commute.

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
I pretty much stopped driving myself. My town is so small I can walk to anything I need. Even better the liquor stoor is literally 77 steps from my front door. My wife works close too, maybe a 5-7 mile round trip. Sadly we just bought a pop-up camper and we'll have no choice towing it, but I went with a Ford Ranger with the 4.0 V6 so it does OK with gas if you can keep your foot out of it.