GameStop Apologies for Deus Ex / OnLive Issue with Free Gift Card

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Last week, it became public that GameStop had been removing OnLive coupons from the boxes of the PC version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and given the company's admission to this on its Facebook page, it seemed as though the initial public backlash did nothing to clue the company into its wrong-doings. As time went on though, the company's opinions did seem to change.

onlive_digital_deus_ex_082511.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
See, I still think they should leave the coupons. What if someone who has a not-so-good PC wants this but doesn't have a console? If their computer can handle HD video and they have a decent internet connection, then that OnLive copy will work for them.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
If I were OnLive I'd be spitting nails. Spending all of that time and money working with Square Enix only to have your playground buddy not stand up to the bully who won't let you play in the sandbox.

madtechnical

Obliviot
That's pretty messed up, but I guess the gift card is a better deal in the end, just because you can have a few more free games. Still it makes me think twice about making a purchase from GameStop now considering this is what they feel is ethical in their "final say in the product it sells".