FREE AIDA64 Around March 28th ONLY

eunoia

Partition Master
I'm always really skeptical about these giveaways, but in this case my guess is:

a) AIDA64 isn't the typical semi-finished junkware on these types of websites, so word will get around the tech communities more than usual

b) offering a slightly earlier version will let people who bought 2.20 to still feel good about their purchase, get more users and lead at least some people demoing 1.85 to upgrade sooner

Generally I hate when companies give away or deeply discount software that I already bought (Steam sale gah!), but in a case where we're talking industry-leading software with a much broader interest than realistic potential market (like most benchmarking suites) it's probably a good decision to make the software pro reviewers use somewhat accessible to the curious general tech hobbyist who reads the reviews.

So fair, it's disingenuous to say v1.85 is a $39.95 value, but for someone like me who couldn't really afford AIDA64 but has interest in benchmarking especially, it's forgiven.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
b) offering a slightly earlier version will let people who bought 2.20 to still feel good about their purchase, get more users and lead at least some people demoing 1.85 to upgrade sooner

That's a good point. That software isn't that cheap, so I'd be a little annoyed if I just bought it and then saw a free giveaway not long after.

So fair, it's disingenuous to say v1.85 is a $39.95 value, but for someone like me who couldn't really afford AIDA64 but has interest in benchmarking especially, it's forgiven.

In all honesty I am sure 1.85 will be fine for most people. Newer versions of AIDA64 bring mostly hardware support changes, that I've seen anyway. But still, to the best of my knowledge, there is no "upgrade" fee for AIAD64, so I wouldn't be surprised if 1.85 could be upgraded to the latest version. Unless this is a special code that doesn't allow that.

Ironically 2.30 just got released.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Very odd though... I do not believe 1.85 even supports z68 / X79 and other newest stuff from AMD? Pretty sure it won't recognize it and ask to be updated...

Will download this and play around with it, I assume it'll at least recognize X58 chips. :D Thanks for the heads up!

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Alright, deal went live and downloaded one. Hate to say it, but I think I was right. It's a huge marketing gimmick to get users to fork out for the current version. To get a download you are routed to the AIDA64 site to get a "code", which you then apply back at DownloadCrew before AIDA64 emails you a serial for the program.

On the serial registration page, they state this:

On this page you can enter your RegCode that you received from DownloadCrew. By registering your code, we will send you a fully functional license for AIDA64 Extreme Edition 1.85 that can be updated to the latest version within 3 months with 50% discount.

eunoia

Partition Master
Confirming the above:

This is now live. You have to register a name and email at downloadcrew.com to be able to download the software, then receive a confirmation at the email you provided. Then after installing the software you have to generate a code on the download page and enter it again with a name and email adress at abseira.com to be sent a registration key. Quite a few hoops to jump through. As they say at giveawayoftheday with tongues firmly in cheek: "You can provide them your real name and main email if you wish"

The final step registration key email from abseira.com reads "The license contains 1 year usage of AIDA64 Extreme Edition 1.85 and the option of updating for the latest version within 3 months with 50% discount. If you exceed this period you will receive 30% discount. After 1 year it is not possible to update the software and you will need to purchase it with full price." I'll leave it to you to attempt to parse these sentences as the entire process has given me a slight headache.