Firefox breaks 400 million downloads

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
In less than three years, Mozilla's Firefox has amassed 400 million downloads. The whole shift towards using the Firefox web browser was sparked in November 2004 by a Spread Firefox campaign in which tens of thousands of users spawned 25 million downloads. The buttons and banners placed on websites took only a year to grab 100 million downloads, and a year later 200 million.

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/09/08/firefox-hits-400-million-downloads/

This is quite an impressive feat. Popularity is growing constantly, so 500 million will happen in no time.

moon111

Coastermaker
I wasn't happy about it, but I bought Windows 3.1 so I could run Netscape.
Those were the days. Never liked IE, so when Firefox came out, I was very happy. Now I'm a Opera user.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Sadly, I was an IE user all the way up until Firefox 0.3 first came out. I always tried Netscape and other browsers, but none grabbed me. I didn't particularly enjoy IE, but it was all I felt like using. The day I first installed Firefox was a good one. I felt like I was invincible against spyware, haha.

Baument

Obliviot
I use to IE until a couple years back, when a buddy told me about Firefox, and oh man do I love it.

dvregan

Obliviot
Opera is stated to be the safest, but FF has the most addons. I think that's what draws alot of us to FF. Have yet to try IE7.