FinalWire Releases AIDA64 2.00

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
FinalWire's AIDA64 has just reached version 2.00, and with it comes a slew of improvements, optimized benchmarks, and enhanced support for the latest PC hardware. A major improvement, albeit a simple one, is the introduction of an online update tool that will make updating to the latest version of the program a simple affair.

aida64_102611_thumb.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Hmm, interesting. JJ was talking about his preference for AIDA64's stress tester tool over Prime95 because the tests are optimized specifically for CPUs they run on, and so will utilize newer execution technologies like AVX if they are available.

marfig

No ROM battery
Indeed. Very interesting. AIDA64 is one of the few tools I still need to include on my list of purchased applications. I'd make extensive use of its gadget feature, less of its system diagnostics tools and none of its benchmark tools. So have been -- shamefully, I must add -- delaying purchasing it.

I should no longer.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Hmm, interesting. JJ was talking about his preference for AIDA64's stress tester tool over Prime95 because the tests are optimized specifically for CPUs they run on, and so will utilize newer execution technologies like AVX if they are available.

Good point. I'll consider using it to stress-test CPUs instead of just running some benchmark.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Good point. I'll consider using it to stress-test CPUs instead of just running some benchmark.

I haven't had much time to play with it, I don't fully understand how the CPU test workload differs from the interger/FPU/cache tests for example, but it's interesting they make the distinction.

From the hour I played with it, it works as well as or better than Prime95, but it's not perfect. It would require some extending burn in times to accurately test a system... I tried a few settings it couldn't find an error with, but F@H would generate an error within 20 minutes. Really making me wish there was a F@H benchmark, because I'd use it or linpack for all my stress testing. :p