Finally broke 30 seconds in Super Pi!

Blumen

Coastermaker
What chips?

It's not a ram problem i don't think... But just in case that's what you're talking about, it's Crucial Ballistix pc4000. I got it up to 215 @ 2-2-2-11, so i'm pretty sure the ram is ok... there's something wrong either with the mobo or the cpu, maybe even the power supply. I don't really care right now, i'm just busting my ass to get this new rig up. (See sig.)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I mean what chips does the ram use? UCCC? BH?

Grats on the Optie purchase, I can't wait to see what you pump out of that thing.

Blumen

Coastermaker
Micron 5B..... i believe that's what the ballistix use... You have the same ram, remember? I'll look it up... SillySider found a great site for that the other day.

Blumen

Coastermaker
Oh, the Patriot is TCC5 i'm almost positive. We went with the OCZ plat 2 anyway. Although i may sell him my Ballistix, i won't need them anymore i don't think.

Blumen

Coastermaker
Yeah, plus he wanted something that would function well, while still taking max volts of 2.8v for now... I figured true TCCD would be fine for that. He's just on a P4 right now, so he won't need it to go much higher than like 240. It'll be good when he goes to A64 as well. I still may try to sell him on my Ballistix though. :p

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Intel only? Bah! Yeah, Ballistix is some deadly ram. I'd have a hard time parting with mine.

Blumen

Coastermaker
I'm trading someone my Ballistix for a gig kit of VX... so i think i can feel ok about that trade. :p