Finally beat HL2..

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Well.. I have had the game since the day it was released.

Last December, I had a HDD crash, when I was on chapter 10. Since that happened, I didn't feel much like getting back into the game for quite a while. This summer, I started from the beginning again, and made it to chapter 11.

Then of course, yet another HDD crash! So, instead of waiting another half year to play it again, I just installed it and ported to the last level I left off.

Finally, I'm the last person in the world to beat it!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Rob,
Did the ending of that game make you want to jump off an overpass? I know it sure as hell did for me. Screw that crappy ending. I am serious, I was actually pissed when it was over. A great game such as this one deserves an equally great ending..........thank Valve for that one!

Also, I finally beat Super Mario Bros. about three years ago. That is no lie so dont feel bad about beating HL2 late, at least it wasn't made for an 8-bit system. Christ I'm lame.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Haha, I loved SMB3. Still remember my mom paying $70 for it. Games never were cheap =/

As for HL2, I already knew how it ended, but it really didn't bother me. The explosion I found, was pretty cool actually.

I'm sure we will see the story continued soon in various 'episodes' they release. Now I can't wait for Lost Coast. At least that will hold us over until then!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Haha, I've seen your avatar in CS: Source so many times, I love it.

I could have asked for a gamesave, but loading my last map was just as easy. It took a few tries before I loaded the right area, but I got it.

What an amazing game though.. I can't wait for the next installment.