Final Fantasy VII Soon to be Re-released for PC

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I think it goes without saying that one of the best role-playing games ever created is Final Fantasy VII, released in 1997 for the original PlayStation. The game had it all - a fantastic story, an interesting world, memorable characters, robust battle and character mechanics and enough on the side to keep you engrossed. While I have a hard time ranking VII above IV (US III), there's no denying that VII was a masterpiece.

final_fantasy_vii_pc_070412.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Yeah... some cheat code... but if I'm honest, it removes the grind from the game and doesn't mean it's instant win all the way. By the time you reach the end of the game, you'd have full HP and MP and currency becomes meaningless. What will matter is what materia you have, how many of each, the combinations of them and how much of a challenge you're looking for. Emerald and Ruby Weapon, 9999HP means nothing when they can instantly kill you or remove you from the fight. If the cheat gives you all the limit breaks, a golden Chocobo, knights of the round and a bunch of mimic materia, then yeah, that kind of defeats the point. Uhhh, and I just realised how much of a FFVII nerd I am...

Honestly though, the biggest concern is the 'Square Enix Store'... not another damn client and service to use... please...

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 (32/64-bit) • 2GHz Processor or faster • 1GB RAM •
DirectX 9-compatible graphic card. Yup, these are the requirements for the OS rather than the game, but hey, the game came out at about the time DirectX 3 and 5 came out (really, lol). Damn, and I bought the game new for the PSOne...

RainMotorsports

Partition Master
Well the bad news here is they seemed to have fixed up the PC version which even when it ran sucked. Good news is it will probably have mods for it again :p

Good news one way or the either. I mean at least its a new preservation of one of the classics. I am currently playing the Android port of III (Jap scheme) as it was recreated for DS. Played it on DS as well but I love most of them anyhow.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
YEEAAAAAAAASSSS!! Finally!! :D

Even though I played it in 2005, I absolutely LOVED it!! :)

I used played it on me old Pentium 1 Laptop, my P4 was not working properly at that time. So I spent almost an entire month grinding and lvling at the same exact location, the desert where if u keep running u get to fight a huge sand snake! It was fun though, got all me characters up to such high lvls the rest of the game became very very easy! :D

Last edited:

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Lol and there is a good point for the character boost

Let me enjoy the game not do the same crap over and over in one area just to make sure we can beat the next thing.