fav game ~ 15 years ago ...

Psi*

Tech Monkey
I am trying to remember what game this is. I'll try to describe it the best I can.

The setting is a castle with 2 towers. A unique feature of the game is that weapons caches would appear and could be exploded with the careful shot & killing anyone nearby. What I pictue is being at the top of a tower & shooting a weapons cache down on a parapet wall killing an enemy.

No idea about operating systems, but 60% of me says DOS.

Psi*

Tech Monkey
@OriginalJoeCool definitely 3D & possibly swords/shields & bows/arrows.

@Doomsday .. nooo, I googled that & it is not that.

Psi*

Tech Monkey
It wasn't Castle and I am working thru that list of Medieval games, but am thinking no, but there are a lot of games there.

It was also a multi-player game, or at least 2 could play against each other. Discovering that a weapons cache could be blown up just before your opponent could get to it was a real trick as the weapons you shot did take a bit of time to reach the target.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Mine was Wing Commander 4, FTW! Now if we go back 14 years ago it was Starfleet Academy. You know, back when Interplay was a good game company.

Was it Dungeon Keeper or Rage of Mages? Those aren't quite 15 years ago, but with out much more to go on, I am falling short of ideas here. I know they don't quite fit your description but if I had more to go on maybe I could be of more help.

Also look at my raptr game profile maybe you will see it in there. I added every single game that I have in my 2x 200 cd cases, maybe something there will pop out at you, I have a lot from the past 20 years in there.

Last edited:

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
Let's see...15 years ago I was nearly 4 years old...so....I would have just about gotten my Sega Genesis..along with my two all-time favorite games: Road Rash and Sonic the Hedgehog 2. :D

FYI, I STILL have my Genesis along with like 30 other games, and they all work. :D

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
Road Rash! I still think they've gotta remake that. And Sonic the Hedgehog is one of the funnest most colorful games ever!

Psi, I know it's probably not this, but talking of medieval-type games reminds me of Myth the Fallen Lords and Myth II: Soulblighter. They were released about 15 years ago. I don't remember any weapons caches though.

Psi*

Tech Monkey
@Kayden ... raptr game profile ... where?

Thinkin' & remembered a little more;

All of the play was within or just outside the gates of a castle. The castle had 2 towers at each side. I vaguely remember that there was a wide paraput/roof (over a large building with rooms) directly between the towers. There are stairways (I think) that could be climbed to get to the top of the towers.

There was also an ability to gain jumping strength which if done correctly could propel yourself from the top of one tower to the next ... or just about any place in the available play area (outside the buildings).

Also connecting the towers is a wall with a walkway ... the wall bends out away from from the main building creating a courtyard. At midway in the wall was a gate. Play could go outside the walls a bit, but you would soon hit the edge of "space".

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Road Rash! I still think they've gotta remake that. And Sonic the Hedgehog is one of the funnest most colorful games ever!

Psi, I know it's probably not this, but talking of medieval-type games reminds me of Myth the Fallen Lords and Myth II: Soulblighter. They were released about 15 years ago. I don't remember any weapons caches though.

HELLs Yeaaahh!! :D

Psi*

Tech Monkey
@Rob ... those are familar & played thru those, but no. :eek:

Sure, see if you can get something at GOG