Far Cry 2 in Spring of 2008

andreich94

Obliviot
Insane help!

Hello everybody!Guys, can you tell me what processor to choose between Intel Quad Core Q6600 and Core2Duo E6850? I want to build a gaming rig, and I thinking at:
Motherboard : Evga 680i SLI
CPU : Intel Quad Core Q6600 or Intel Core2Duo E6850
Cooler : Scythe Infinity
Video card : XFX 8800GT
HDD : Western Digital : 500GB, SATA2, 7200RPM (AAKS)
Memory : A-Data Vitesta Extreme : 2GB, 800MHz, DDR2
DVD-RW : LG GSA-H62NRBBB (SATA)
PSU : Sirtec HPC-620-A88S
Case : Antec Nine Hundred
So, what do you think?
PS: I have a max. budget about 1700$ ... If you can help me, send me your sugestions -> andrei_ch94@yahoo.com. Thank you !

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Looks good to me.......My opinion OCZ makes a more compatable memmory stick. If you can, go to the EVGA sight and see what memmory is compatable....do the research then buy....also go to forums and see what everyone is saying, search reviews, all are very helpful

Merlin

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Please don't spam the forums with the same question. I'd pick up a Q6600 far quicker than a dual-core. Just overclock it to the E6850s speeds.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I am not sure I'd say games are finally catching up, because the only games to really show a huge benefit are all older titles:

http://techgage.com/article/intel_core_2_extreme_qx9650_-_the_45nm_era_begins/10

In these tests, BioShock, Call of Juarez, Call of Duty 2, Lost Planet, Need for Speed: Carbon, STALKER and UT3 showed virtually no difference between processors. I am unsure how X-Bit saw massive increases with Lost Planet, but I'll check it out more next time I have it loaded.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
He spammed cause he needed you rob. The "pro"

ok... last sexual joke of the day. But it was very fun.

Merry X-mas pplz

andreich94

Obliviot
So, it's good this sistem for the next 3-4 years?
Q6600 and Core2Duo E6850? I want to build a gaming rig, and I thinking at:
Motherboard : Evga 680i SLI
CPU : Intel Quad Core Q6600 or Intel Core2Duo E6850
Cooler : Scythe Infinity
Video card : XFX 8800GT
HDD : Western Digital : 500GB, SATA2, 7200RPM (AAKS)
Memory : A-Data Vitesta Extreme : 2GB, 800MHz, DDR2
DVD-RW : LG GSA-H62NRBBB (SATA)
PSU : Sirtec HPC-620-A88S
Case : Antec Nine Hundred
If something needs to be changed, tell me please!
I will buy this computer max 10 january 2008 .. :techgage:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
How much eggnog have you been putting away Stork?

andreich94, that system looks great. No system will ever be good for 3 - 4 years... 1 at best. Depends how high-end you want to stay. Even if you built a super-high-end machine right now, there's going to be something better next year.

andreich94

Obliviot
Thank you Rob, what i wanted to say is that i won't change anything on this system. probably i will add 2 gb ram and a video board for sli and that's about it

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Sounds like a solid idea. Those plans should still last two years. The industry moves far too fast... even when you finish building a new machine, you feel out of date.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Getting back on point, I hope that Crytek can put out a quality game unlike Crysis. It's not that Crysis was bad, on the contrary it was quite good, but the first 2/3 of the game was epic and the last third was a great disappointment. The original Far Cry was too good of a game to screw up so heres to hoping that 2 is as good as the original.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Far Dry 2 is suppose to be a higher A I ( artificial intelligence ), very aggressive, a larger playing field, and different weapons. Such as a flame thrower. The game engine will be a t a higher level.
Looks pretty awesome.... a game to wait for like Crysis.
Seems Crytec and ubisoft had a falling out and now it's back to Far Cry.
I loved the first Far Cry....played it over and over, and still found things I had missed the first time.

Merlin the FPS addict