Far Cry 2 Announced

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From the morn's news:

At a time when every FPS-diehard is shaking in anticipation for Crysis, Ubisoft comes along and announces the next game in the Far Cry series, creatively called Far Cry 2. Well, at least they didn't call it 'Far Cry 2.0'. Want some info? Screenshots? Video? Teasers? Well you aren't getting any, sadly. Despite the absolute lack of information, Ubisoft expects to ship the game in Spring 2008.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
farcry_2_logo.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table> "Simply entitled Far Cry 2, the new addition to the franchise is being developed for PC by Ubisoft's Montreal studio (original developer Crytek is currently pouring tears into Crysis) and is scheduled for a Spring 2008 release on PC. Aside from the above logo, apparently dragged behind Ubisoft's car before it was uploaded, no further images relating to the sequel have surfaced. Expect loads of jungles, obnoxious henchman and distant weeping."

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/19/ubisoft-announces-far-cry-2/

Tis all.

UnderRAPS

Obliviot
I am just playing Farcry, I love it but if the graphics are what I think they will be, I won't be able to play on my current setup. Hmmmmm Spring 2008 (and my recent pay raise) should give me time to save up.

santb

Obliviot
Far cry was a good game, though maybe a little repetative. Looking forward to trying farcry 2 though, seems it should be better with the same awesome graphics