Fake Intel i7's going about BE CAREFUL!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
That's unbelievable! I don't think I've ever seen something like this before, at least on these shores. I hope Newegg can get this sorted out soon, and figure out who's responsible.

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
It sucks for their customers, but I have to laugh at the quality control of the people at the Egg since they not only received and accepted them, their order pickers and shippers never noticed. I would dare say the weight is quite off too since there is no slug of aluminum in the box.

Psi*

Tech Monkey
Personally I think Kyle should be banned for a week from his own web site.

Using the work "fake" for something so obvious that even a 5th grader would know the difference between is silly. For someone with the following that he has, it is irresponsible. I have already seen this story referenced on 3 other forums.

People are getting all worked up at 'egg ... boycotting!! hahaha There will be pickets infront of their supply houses soon. Oh! Wait! Those same supply houses are also used by others.

Anyway, I suspect that these are from some Malaysian contract manufacturer that had made test packaging for shipment. Other wise why wouldn't you just put a brick inside? Really, why not just a brick?

Take a few cases of those sitting somewhere in a non-English speaking country and you get "ship 'em" ... or whatever the Malaysian equivalnet of that is.

b1lk1

Tech Monkey

Using the work "fake" for something so obvious that even a 5th grader would know the difference between is silly.

So you agree then that whoever picked and shipped these orders for Newegg has less intelligence than a 5th grader?

Psi*

Tech Monkey
So you agree then that whoever picked and shipped these orders for Newegg has less intelligence than a 5th grader?
LOL

My son, when in 5th grade, would have known. But, my sister even now would have no clue & she studied accounting in college. My sister got her degree, my son did not.:confused: