F-that! £80 please!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
A teenager is refusing to pay an £80 on-the-spot fine imposed by a police officer who overheard him swearing in a private conversation with friends.

Kurt Walker, 18, from Deal, Kent, said he would go to court rather than pay the fine handed out in a town park. He said he received the fixed-penalty notice after he used the F-word to a group of friends he met in the park.

Link

madmat

Soup Nazi
What a bunch of BS, I could understand if he was in a store or someplace where he was offending others but he was having a private conversation with friends. What's next? Monitoring private convo's on the 'net and handing out fines for "abusive" language?

Drew

E.M.I.
This World is so F****d up

Opps that title just cost me 80 pounds. what is this world coming to when we can't even talk to our friends. big deal buddy swore, i would like to hear the conversations at the police precint, I am sure they are not very polite or politically correct at all times. They could feed the hungry probably just from locker room chats. People in glass houses do no throw stones.
Next we will have G. W. Bush putting people in Guantanamo Bay for using words like. plane, bomb, and the like. This world need to collectively.... All together now... Take one big CHILL PILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats just my thoughts feel free to agree or disagree.

(Techgage.com, it's owners, or affiliates will not be hold accoutnable for my mindless rants)

maddmaxx

E.M.I.
I guess the Brits don't have freedom of speech. Here we can stand outside the White House and say the "F" word. Actually it's said inside the White House more than outside, heh. God I love this country.