EVGA Packs Dual GTX 560 Ti's in its '2Win' Graphics Card

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
In the market for a GeForce GTX 580 graphics card? Interested in spending just $20 more for 30% more performance? If so, then EVGA's just-released GTX 560 Ti "2Win" is for you. The card is essentially an SLI configuration designed to fit in a dual-slot card, and with EVGA's slight overclock on each GPU, a single GTX 580 is no match.

evga_gtx560ti_2win_110711.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Kayden

Tech Monkey
I will say this, if you want to go SLI with a 580 at some point when they become cheaper than I say get the 580, however if your budget is that amount or close to it only, then get this card. The benefits are too hard to ignore. I worry for those on a budget thought, they might not be able to fit this card into some mid tower cases, which is usually what is budgeted, that is the only down side I can see. If that maybe your situation, then go with the 580.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I doubt it would run much warmer than a GTX 580, if at all. The cooler looks more than competent. I just wish two of these suckers could be paired in SLI... then we'd see some impressive numbers being cranked out.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
I doubt it would run much warmer than a GTX 580, if at all. The cooler looks more than competent. I just wish two of these suckers could be paired in SLI... then we'd see some impressive numbers being cranked out.

Umm...it has an SLI connector on it and the details page says "SLI Ready." If you have a big enough mobo then Quad-SLI here you come.

RainMotorsports

Partition Master
Where does it say SLI ready? EVGA confirmed to me that it wasn't SLI capable.

This = SLI: :D

THAT = FAIL lol.

They did this with the 460 2WIN - http://www.tomshardware.com/news/gtx-460-2win-dual-fermi-gf104,12373.html
Before anybody gets all happy about the SLI connector DONT. Im an active member over at EVGA and they said this card will NOT be able to be quad sli'd. They said after the design they forgot to take the sli connector off and it was too late too.

The 560 Ti Core CAN NOT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM be hardware SLi'd past 2 cores. Its a core design feature and until they start putting out wafers with support for it it wont happen even with a couple magic tricks.

EVGA just screwed up again? Oh and if this thing is anything like the 460 2WIN, expect to be RMAing it. Great product I just hope it works out.

From Hardware Canucks.
"There is also an SLI connector but since quad SLI isn’t supported for the GTX 560 Ti in NVIDIA’s driver stack, there is currently no way to run two of these cards in parallel for additional performance."

Last edited:

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
You think they would be smart enough to take off the SLI connector and actually LET THE VENDORS KNOW that it isn't SLI capable.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
I'm sure they knew it wasn't SLI capable... it's nothing new. For the past several years it's been standard practice for boutique GPU combo cards to ship with connectors on it that weren't functional. Hope they make sure to update that info page quickly before someone finds out the hard way they can't SLI a pair...