EVERCOOL WC-F117 Nighthawk Water Cooling

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Trying to cool your PC on a budget? EVERCOOL may have the solution you are looking for, with their WC-F117 water cooling kit. It comes complete with CPU and GPU blocks and almost everything else you need.

Read the review here, and then discuss it here!

Jakal

Tech Monkey
I've looked at a few water cooling products by EC, and overall they are quite good. The quality is high and performance is, as you mentioned, pretty good for the price. The benchmarks all place them in the same category you have. Midrange price, decent performance, great quality. It's a shame though, that you can't order the product elsewhere. EC needs to goto the market to make profit.

Oh one more thing.
As you can see, the marketing on the box is well laid out and provides us with plenty of information. It is very reassuring to know that this unit comes with a “strongly pump & radiator.”

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
A lot got lost in translation.....

The rep from Evercool that I had spoken with in the past was nice, just needed to work on the english a bit. I understand though that english is a second language so it's easy to be forgiving.

qfour20

Obliviot
This device is available retail (sorta)

Evercool produces the watercooling kits sold under the Kingwin name. The Kingwin AS-3000 watercooling kit appears to be *identical* besides the badging and color scheme to the WC-F117.

Looking at some other reviews of the Kingwin branded product (not apples to apples, mind you, but similar test situations) showed some lower temps:

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/cooling/Kingwin_AquaStar/index.htm
p4 northwood oc'ed pretty heavily with an x850: ~50C

http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/super_cooling/kingwin/AquaStar/index.htm
a64 3000+ with an ati x700: ~35C

Interesting that with a slightly lower heat load, this cooler does *substantially* better. I wonder if this system is pump limited or radiator limited?

I am curious as to exactly how the circuit was configured for this cooler. I had (still have, actually... just re-deployed it for my linux box a few days ago) a WC-202 system from evercool, and it had a large variance in performance depending on how you set up the circuit. I don't have imperical evidence (who needs silly "measurements" anyways?) to support this, but I generally got lower system temps and gpu temps (and higher overclocks) when Set the system up as:

pump -> radiator -> cpu -> gpu

Anyhow, I guess in the end, the verdict is still the same. This product is a strong performer for the "value conscious" (read: cheapskate) consumer. It also does a good job of cooling your rig without making you deaf.

As an aside, I also had an issue with the tool that Evercool supplied to pry the little rings off that clamp the hoses onto the barbs. Would be nice if they at least included two of the tools or some such...

-q

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Thanks for the input Q. I had mine setup to run from the pump to the CPU > GPU > Radiator > Pump. There really wasnt anyway to set it up differantly aside from the CPU and GPU order.

You are right when you say that it's a good product for anyone new to the Water scene or on a very limited budget.

Oh, and the tool that was provided to remove the O-clamps was shit. It broke on the second attempt to adjust the length of the hose.