ESRB: We want you!

Looks like the ESRB is looking for videogame raters. The catch (if you want to call it that)? It's a full-time gig, and you have to be in or around New York City.

No matter how much most gamers dislike the ESRB, it still beats working at your local GameStop.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It does, since it's damn easy to figure out a rating of a game simply by looking at the cover. I still find a need for an ESRB foolish, but a job is a job.

leecho7

Partition Master
I'd probably be fired on the spot, even before they hire me.

Here's what I'd probably end up doin:

"Ah, a copy of God of War II. According to the developers, theres nudity, sexual themes, and large amounts of blood, gore, and violence. I'll give it an E (for everybody) rating. It's good to expose kids to that type of stuff real early, so that they'll grow out of it when they become responsible *cough* adults like me."

Jakal

Tech Monkey
A nipple is all I saw for the first weeks of my life.. Now, not so often. Wait, what are we talking about again?

madstork91

The One, The Only...
That pixel looks alot like that srite is "nipping"... im not sure is johnny over there can handle it.

Id love to work for the esrb rating dept actually. Working where i work now with kids and seeing some of the things ive seen in different rated games (and not beeing able to play some around kids) there is just plain odd. I can't think of the name of the title at this moment, but one game i was going to buy to take up to work for the kids actually had too high a rating for me to bring them :(