E3 2006

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I have created this thread for all of your E3 discussion. As great trailers and information is found, I will update this thread with some of the best. Obviously I can't update it with all, because that would take forever.

If you have an Xbox 360, be sure to check out the online marketplace, as there will be new trailers and even demos as the show goes on.

Console Wide
SmackDown vs. Raw '07 - IGN Trailer
The Club - IGN Preview

PC

Bioshock - IGN
Crysis - IGN Preview
Civilization IV: Warlords - IGN Preview
Dark Messiah - IGN Preview
Dark World Online - IGN Snippet
Medieval 2: Total War - IGN Impressions
Neverwinter Nights 2 - IGN Video
Tabula Rasa - 1UP Trailer
Unreal Tournament 2007 - IGN Interview

Playstation 3
Controller hands-on - IGN
Launch Date + Pricing Info - DailyTech
Press Conference - IGN Sum-Up

Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway - IGN Trailer
Colin McRae Rally 07 - IGN Preview
Final Fantasy XIII - IGN Preview + Trailer
Full Auto 2 - IGN Q&A
Metal Gear Solid 4 - IGN Audio Preview
Metal Gear Solid 4 - GameSpot Preview
Ridge Racer 7 - IGN Video
Unreal Tournament 2007 - IGN Interview

Portable (DS/PSP)
DS Lite Launch - IGN

Blade Dancer - PSP IGN Preview
Gradius Collection - PSP IGN Preview
Final Fantasy III (Import) - IGN DS Preview
Final Fantasy: Crisis Core - IGN Preview
Killzone: Liberation - IGN PSP Preview
Super Mario Bros. - IGN DS Preview

Xbox 360
Confirmation of HD-DVD - IGN
Tomonobu Itagaki Interview (DoA X2) - IGN Interview

Alone in the Dark - GameSpot Preview
Battlestations - GameSpot Preview
Bioshock - IGN Preview
Enchanted Arms - IGN Preview
F.E.A.R. - IGN Preview
Huxley - IGN Interview
Mobile Ops - GameSpot Preview
MotoGP 06 - IGN Preview
Rainbow Six: Vegas - IGN Preview
The Darkness - IGN Preview

Wii
Blitz: The League - IGN Preview
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Wii - IGN
Metal Slug Wii - IGN Preview
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam - IGN

Last edited:

leecho7

Partition Master
I don't care what anyone says, I'm excited about the Nintendo Wii. In fact, I'm un-be'wii'veably excited.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
No doubt man. It's really going make a scene with the controller design and allowing the downloading of past game titles. I just don't like the name. Other than that I do believe Nintendo will come out with an awesome product, as usual, and the true Nintendo followers will embrace it.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Updated the list some, but it's mostly IGN. Their site is far easier to navigate than Gamespot for E3 stuff.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
To wrap things up, Sony also announced the PS3 will come in two different configurations, similar to the XBOX 360 approach. One version will come with a 20GB hard drive and cost $499. The 60GB hard drive version will cost $599. Both models will ship November 17 in the US. In Canada, the two models will ship for 549 CND and 649 CND on the same date, respectively. Sony anticipates shipping 2 million units at release, but there seems to be some discrepancy between the March 31, 2007 unit predictions: the graph claims 7 million units total yet the Sony representatives claimed only 6 million.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2204

Just like the Xbox 360, it looks like if you are 'cheap' and go for the smaller version, a lot of features will be cut.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
I wonder how much money will be made off ebay this go round. I may order one just to resell it.

leecho7

Partition Master
You better reserve the day retailers start accepting reservations. I reserved my XBox 360 3 days after they started accepting reservations, and I didn't get mine until after Christmas just when the ridculously high prices fell to an amount I wasn't satisfied with (after ebay+paypal fees, i would have only made an estimated $20 profit unless I got lucky or set a ridiculous reserve.)

As for the PS3, I'm gonna hold off on that because I was really disappointed with the 360. I'm gonna wait for the PS3 to get better hardware (knowing SOny, theres something going to be wrong with their first shipment), and for it to drop in price.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
leecho7 said:
You better reserve the day retailers start accepting reservations. I reserved my XBox 360 3 days after they started accepting reservations, and I didn't get mine until after Christmas just when the ridculously high prices fell to an amount I wasn't satisfied with (after ebay+paypal fees, i would have only made an estimated $20 profit unless I got lucky or set a ridiculous reserve.)

As for the PS3, I'm gonna hold off on that because I was really disappointed with the 360. I'm gonna wait for the PS3 to get better hardware (knowing SOny, theres something going to be wrong with their first shipment), and for it to drop in price.

Couldnt have said it better.

There are some arguments quoting the production cost exceeding the initial price though. The production cost of course will be going down, but the price?

I'm not sure why or how sony would do this, but looking at some price breakdowns it is very plausible. I'll still wait till they get the kinks out though, my current ps2 is recalled, but i dont have the receipt.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I think I was lucky to get my 360 no problem. I reserved it a week after they began offering pre-orders. I was precisely the 12th person to do so at this store. It was sad.. because even the manager of the store couldn't get a system on launch, because he waited too long to pre-order.

Either way, I can't see the same thing happening this time around. 2 million at launch, and another 2 million shortly after. I am assuming that Sony has learned from Microsofts lessons.

ddrmaniacaaa

Obliviot
The Nintendo Wii is going to have downloadable classic games, but they will most defently have a price attached to them. (Not that you wouldn't want to spend 5 bucks to play a classic game of Duck Hunt)

madstork91

The One, The Only...
I heard the game were free 0.o

If they did charge for some of the mroe popular titles it still wouldnt bother me. I mean come on its MARIO!... ok so i wouldnt pay. Id just get an emu.

ddrmaniacaaa

Obliviot
I agree, but somtimes you feel you just need the original NES cart (maybe its just me). Peresonally Im going to cash out my life savings on a PS3. I mean I know we all wanted to see a release date and pricing information, but November is a long way away and $600 is a lot of money (for me at least).

Jakal

Tech Monkey
From what I understand Nintendo titles will be free, but third party games will have a price tag. I've also read in a few articles that sega games would be offered for download too.

ddrmaniacaaa

Obliviot
sweet, cause most of the classic titles are from nintendo anyway. I wasnt going to buy a wii, but i might just to get my hands on classic games like mario. Maybe Ill go heat up my NES

ddrmaniacaaa

Obliviot
Wii owners access to more than 20 years of games by making NES, SNES, and N64 games available for download online via the Virtual Console, for a fee of course.

I got this from gamespot.

Sorry to inform you, downloadable content will cost money. Im sure it will be cheap though.:(

Jakal

Tech Monkey
I haven't read any new news since Nintendo changed the Revolution to the Wii. So I guess my information was a bit old. Finding a little more today I read an article containing this:

I4U News said:
At one point there was confusion about Nintendo execs saying the classic Nintendo games would be free to download on the Wii, but I guess we now know for sure that is not going to be the case. According to president Satoru Iwata, the games will run between 500 and 1,000 Yen (which is roughly $5 - $10).

And Sega titles are still in the works. Rumors around say you'll get coupons for free downloads with certain new Wii titles.