Dzien Dobry

madstork91

The One, The Only...
I am being asked to help my friend wipe out a virus on her computer. Normally i would just be like... You're an idiot for using IE with the securuty settings so low... Slap your self for being stupid and shoot yourself to keep your genes from infecting the pool. BUT SHES HOT. *drool*

so. "Dzien Dobry"... the possible name of the virus. (im calling it that cause a window likes to pop up saying that) Dzien Dobry: a polish play on word to mean "good day". You might ask yourself why the hell am I posting this? I'll tell you. EVERY ****ING POLISH PERSON ON THE WEB OF ANY COMPUTING SENSE OPENS A POST WITH... you guessed it... Dzien ****in Dobry! So its impossible for me to narrow my search in google down to find the way to just get rid fo the virus. Because evrey virus site that has a polish speaking person opens each post with it. /endrant]

So... I'll probably be doing a format soon. If you have any suggestions before I do it, im all eyes (ears dont benefit me on a message board)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Have you run a good virus scanner? Or more than one? I would also run a few different Spyware removers, like The Cleaner and MS Defender.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Matt... that aint it. Once again you have linked me to a page with a polish guy beginning a post with Dzien Dobry. ty for the effort though. :-/

Ill be running through a few of the normal steps when i get back from mckinney to build my friend comp.

(for those you you who know what im talking about he went with a 4400 from the fry's in plano. Everyone else is back ordered for atleast 3 weeks)

madmat

Soup Nazi
Ah, well...it still sounds like spyware if it's poping up with message boxes. That or a trojan of some sort.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It could be Polish spyware too.. which is why it has the same greeting in each window. Good day is kind of an oxymoron though.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Yeah, working on computers when they give you THAT much trouble can get you burned out real quick. I only fix computers drunk for that reason.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I dont do much of anything sober anymore. Well, aside from parenting and work. Let's just say that if it involves computers.....it involves beer. I wonder how well some Samual Adams will chill my PC. Maybe I can review that Danger Den kit with distilled water, and then beer. Oh the possibilities!