DVI Adapters?

leecho7

Partition Master
I was talking to my friend the other night, and we were talking geek stuffs. We eventually got into HD televisions/monitors and the sort. He told me that he heard from someone that DVI is pretty good too, that it's a whole lot better than the standard analog.
So at home, I thought about it for a while, and opened up my graphics card box to find a small plastic bag with 2 DVI adapters(?)
I know my card has a DVI input, but my monitor doesn't have a DVI 'socket or whatever it's called'.
So my question is, will these 'adapters' be able to convert my standard analog monitor into DVI? Cause these adapters fit on both my monitor's analog cable, and my graphics card DVI input/output (whichever it is).
I restrained myself from doing it cause I was afraid that I would blow up my monitor and/or computer, and due to laziness.

gliffy

Obliviot
Connecting a standard analog monitor to the DVI output on your video card will have *no improvement* in picture quality.

It is safe to use a DVI to Analog adapter to hook it up. There is no reason to do it, because as I said, it won't result in any improved picture quality.

You will need a DVI monitor to get the improved picture quality from DVI.

skyrise

Obliviot
gliffy said:
Connecting a standard analog monitor to the DVI output on your video card will have *no improvement* in picture quality.

Correct it won't. The single quality will degrade due to the conversion.