Duke Nukem Forever Trailer and Demo Now Available

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
After being lambasted for inappropriate forum comments, making up stories about children's hamsters, distasteful wit in IRC and being involved in a rather unfortunate accident with a meringue and some 8 gauge wire; I ended up in Hell, forever listening to such great hits as Aqua's Barbie Girl and a certain tongue tied individual expressing a Bad Romance. I've only been here a couple days, but I can honestly say it's getting mighty cold...

<iframe width="599" height="371" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7FV9ZF621uc?version=3" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
I had way too much fun playing and then replaying a few times my self. I am disappointed a little in the GFX and a few other nit picky things but it's a demo and any more it's bound to happen with about 99% of them, cutting out a lot of "fat" to keep the file size down. Booo! I say let my Fiber connection run to the max! My 14.4 baud modem did when downloading the demo off of a BBS back in the day for Duke 3D. (c:

Hail to the King, Baby!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I almost had a heart-attack. Saw DNF "NOW AVAILABLE" at Steam. Then I realized I was using the EU version of Steam's website :-(

Very jealous of those who are able to play this tonight and through the weekend :cool:

Attachments

• dnf_euro.jpg
    dnf_euro.jpg
    409.6 KB · Views: 470

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Hehehe.

CoD down on its knees in front of Duke. Hail to the king, baby!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I didn't realize that was for the XBox. Their review of the PC version isn't done yet, but here's a preliminary treatment: http://pc.ign.com/articles/117/1175194p1.html. None of these reviewers seem to have a sense of humour.

I saw that the other day, and agree. It'd be like me reviewing the upcoming Serious Sam game and whining about there being too much killing.

I don't expect this to be an epic game, but IGN probably should have gotten someone with a sense of humor to review it.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Agreed. PC Gamer is much more trust worthy then IGN's console division. I played Mass Effect on the 360 first then the PC and found the experience to be completely different. To say that there is little to no difference with these platforms is obscene and not going back and doing another review is ludicrous at the very least. I don't care what game it is, because a frustrating thing like say switching a weapon on the console could be quick and easy on the PC, so the reviewer would never note it as a short coming. I have it preordered for the PC thus I will limit expose to the PC reviews as well, no point in hearing from the peanut console gallery.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
IGN is nothing more than an money driven ad pit with reviews written by people who have long forgotten why they play games in the first place. They've expanded too far, too quick and their content is absolute garbage without even looking at the foolishness that is their DNF coverage.

Chances are, the person who reviewed the game either "grew up" in the lamest sense of the word between when DN3D and DNF were released and now thinks that they are above dick and fart jokes -or- was never a true fan who appreciated Duke for what he is - balls out, catch phrase spouting, woman loving fun!

The game may not be anything new or revolutionary and I don't think anybody really expected it to be except maybe this clown.

Stop over analyzing! I know you're a reviewer but jebus. Everything said in that review is subjective. It's like me writing an entire case review based on looks or Jamie writing an entire headset review on sound preference.

The guy doesn't even go into detail about -why- he thinks the mechanics are dull, to use an example. Fire him and get someone on the staff who actually has a zest for video games, console or otherwise. Not just someone who can draft up a page of filler bullshit.

Last edited:

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Well said Optix. I didn't read Ign's review because I feel that way about their reviews, a lot. I also do not understand why some pro reviewers feel that it is necessary to insinuate they are superior to their readers. Which is what you're getting at Optix correct? This for me is why I quit reading Ign's review's, I only go there literally for the exclusive vid's anymore nothing else. If I am not mistaken though they are also the ones who said that the reviews the for one platform covers all others too so they wont go back and cover another one, so that along with the whole licking the psp stunt killed their reputation for me.

Last edited: