Duke Nukem Forever Goes Gold!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Dust off those faded, sun-damaged, dog-chewed Duke Nukem Forever pre-order receipts from 15 years ago, because hell has finally started to freeze-over, for under the mighty power of golden god rays from a halogen lamp, the press-ready disc has been conceived. What am I on about? Duke Nukem Forever's gone gold! Wait, that doesn't clear things up at all...

duke_nukem_forever_gold_052511.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

marfig

No ROM battery
Hehe, It's funny: As I was starting to read the article, first thing coming to my mind was 21st of May Rapture too. "Duke Nukem Forever is out, hell must be freezing over, chicken are growing teeth and the world is coming to and end. It's that swindler's Rapture."

Anyways, I don't think I have the, hmm, maturity level required to enjoy anymore the game too-obvious visual and verbal assault. But, this is going to be a sure buy for me, even if I come to never finish it and just have it collect dust on my gaming closet. It's just that after all we've been through with this game, I would be nuts not to buy it. If for nothing else, for historical reasons.

Psi*

Tech Monkey
haha Rob, you should start writing crime novels. I will be a Duke Nukem Forever buyer, but I will wait a month ... possibly.

It might even be sentimental thing for me. :eek:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
marfig said:
I would be nuts not to buy it. If for nothing else, for historical reasons.

No kidding! The last time something quite this important occurred was when the Earth itself came to be!

haha Rob, you should start writing crime novels. I will be a Duke Nukem Forever buyer, but I will wait a month ... possibly.

It might even be sentimental thing for me. :eek:

That writing is Jamie's handiwork ;-) I just posted it to the forums. After his Witcher 2 review and now this, I'd be inclined to agree!

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
haha Rob, you should start writing crime novels.
That writing is Jamie's handiwork ;-) I just posted it to the forums. After his Witcher 2 review and now this, I'd be inclined to agree!
I right gud yo? Rob's a master of digital Dorodango, otherwise you'd end up reading about how much people are 'payed', companies referred to as people, and the shotgun effect as words randomly disappear from a sentence as they transfer from brain to fingers to keyboard... IRC can be a cruel master in highlighting how much one sucks at a given native language...
Anyways, I don't think I have the, hmm, maturity level required to enjoy anymore the game too-obvious visual and verbal assault.
Don't you worry, it'll be our dirty little secret - it's not about maturity, it's about fun. Just play it with the door locked, headphones on and the curtains closed. If someone barges in - i don't know, say the little red man on your shoulder made you do it.

Last edited:

marfig

No ROM battery
Don't you worry, it'll be our dirty little secret - it's not about maturity, it's about fun. Just play it with the door locked, headphones on and the curtains closed. If someone barges in - i don't know, say the little red man on your shoulder made you do it.

I don't think wife would mind. She's seen enough to develop eye-rolling into an art form. But definitely not something I want to play around the kids.

But you are right; maturity isn't the word I'm after. Simply that I don't have anymore the predisposition to enjoy this type of game setting. Duke Nukem suffers from being late... too late for many of us who enjoyed the first game. During the last months, as I was watching the released footage, I couldn't avoid a certain feeling of bore and distance at the game's visual and verbal jokes. Simply just doesn't connect anymore.

Still, it is Duke Nukem Forever. And for someone who witnessed (and sometimes lived) this 14 year-long soap opera, this game never left my shopping list. It would be a bit weird to remove it now that it was finally launched :p

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
companies referred to as people
Haha!

I'm sure Rob has had to rehash the same old do's and do not's to anybody who has ever written for Techgage.

The game is going to rock, simply because it's Duke. Plus I have faith in Gearbox.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
If I weren't a father and wouldn't make a complete ass of myself by constantly asking when/if Borderlands 2 will be released I'd enter.

Psi*

Tech Monkey
hahaha ... pretty much where I am. One, my son would be all over it. His wife & my 2 daughters would be perpetual PITAs! Although the son-in-law would be like my son.